Note to New Members ×

Catek WC setup

tdifan_2003

Hi folks,

I have older Cateks. Now I just got a set of the OS2 :lol: . Piece of art!!!

Well, when reading all the info how to set them up, as well as the tilt calculator from the Catek website, I think, there is a slight diference between the 2 (more than slight ;) ).

My real question to you guys is - on the OS2, before you start working on lift/cant, you should do 2 complete clockwise turns on all 4 screws. How many turns you should do on the WCs? Their disc has diferent profile than the OS2. When I do only 2 turns and have the KP tightened up completely, the plate is still lose.

Any input will be very much appreciated.

Thanks!

Millen

The WC plate gets dimppled from the four bolts. I crank the king pin, then adjust me corner pins to desired angle. One all four are toughing the base plate, I tighten each a quarter turn working from corner to corner untill all are tight. I ususally stop right when the wrench starts to deflect under hand pressure. One they are set, I can usually just undo them all a few turns befoe I loosen the kingpin for removal. Remember to always tighten the kingpin without pressure from the other four bolts.

Depends also on where you put the washers on the WC's, two below the plate means that the kingpin makes the plate further away (thus more aduster screw depth). Same as using the longer kingpin and more spacers on the OS2's.

Still the best method is to tighten the kingpin, then turn the four adjuster in until they touch, then give each a quarter to half turn. If the plate is bending, you're tightening too much. Check with a straightedge to be sure.

Thank you guys, pretty much what I have been trying to do. The only thing is, when do I do the required turns for lift/cant - before I put the plate on the board and once I put it on, if the plate is still loose, start turning ALL the screws equal number of turns until they ALL start touching the plate? Than tighten the KP and than, turn anywhere between 1/2-3/4 turns ALL the screws again. This sound like I am not going to change the predetermined lift/cant settings, right :biggthump ?

Millen

Depends also on where you put the washers on the WC's, two below the plate means that the kingpin makes the plate further away (thus more aduster screw depth). Same as using the longer kingpin and more spacers on the OS2's.

Still the best method is to tighten the kingpin, then turn the four adjuster in until they touch, then give each a quarter to half turn. If the plate is bending, you're tightening too much. Check with a straightedge to be sure.

Great point, do you know by any chance if the WC used to come with 2 difrerent lenghts KPs? Mine came (used) with only one size and two spacers.

Even with one spacer and let's say 5-6 degrees lift and 1 degree cant, I think my KP comes just a little short.

Millen

The WC came with only one length KP. If you want lots of lift, put both washers between the plate and the binding, for lift from 3 to 6 degrees, one between and one on top with the allen bolt. For riding flat, both washers can be on top of the binding plate to bring it closer to the board, or you can use one below and one on top, the adjusting screws are long enough. e me directly if you have any other questions :o

The WC came with only one length KP. If you want lots of lift, put both washers between the plate and the binding, for lift from 3 to 6 degrees, one between and one on top with the allen bolt. For riding flat, both washers can be on top of the binding plate to bring it closer to the board, or you can use one below and one on top, the adjusting screws are long enough. e me directly if you have any other questions :o

Thanks a bunch ;). Sure I will.

I would check them after each run also. I put new ones on last year and it took all day to seat them. The set screws work into the aluminum plate as you ride. I tightened the hell out of them when I first mounted them and as I said after a couple runs they were loose. Great bindings though.