Note to New Members ×

What bindings for my new Rad-Air Reto Lamm?

Helvetico

Holy excrement am I stoked! I just got a brand-spanking new Tanker 182 and a Reto Lamm 164. I live in Switzerland, so I don't face the shipping obstacles Statesiders do.

I've already bought a pair of Nidecker Carbon 900's, but I'm torn about what to do next. Should I get another pair of softie bindings, or should I take the plunge and get hardboots? There's only one guy in Switz. with the soft bindings I want--the Catek freeride pro's, and he won't sell them unless they're strapped to a new Donek. Catek says it's sold out, so my only option would be to pick up a used pair. Maybe this is just a sign I should try hardbooting.

I'm off for two weeks on a ski-fari in the Alps with my wife, so I'll have to switch the bindings back and forth between boards depending on the conditions. Hope I don't strip the screws before I get back.

Holy excrement am I stoked! I just got a brand-spanking new Tanker 182 and a Reto Lamm 164. I live in Switzerland, so I don't face the shipping obstacles Statesiders do.

I've already bought a pair of Nidecker Carbon 900's, but I'm torn about what to do next. Should I get another pair of softie bindings, or should I take the plunge and get hardboots? There's only one guy in Switz. with the soft bindings I want--the Catek freeride pro's, and he won't sell them unless they're strapped to a new Donek. Catek says it's sold out, so my only option would be to pick up a used pair. Maybe this is just a sign I should try hardbooting.

I'm off for two weeks on a ski-fari in the Alps with my wife, so I'll have to switch the bindings back and forth between boards depending on the conditions. Hope I don't strip the screws before I get back.

I plan to switch my Nidecker 800 Pros betwen my Reto 156 and Tanker 167 OS.

The 164 Reto is as stiff as some intermediate raceboards, so the stiffer the better in binding choices. I personally wouldn't use softies on it.

The Tanker 182 is more of a personal feel issue. Some people like the feeling of softies in the pow. I've ridden both and see pros and cons to each, but since the Tankers carve so well when you get back on the runs, I find it beneficial to be in plates when there is groomed to cut.

Lonerider, you can use softies or plates on the 156 Reto as it is not quite as stiff as the 164cm. For my weight (210) plates would overpower it, so you have to take your own mass into consideration. Good luck!