Note to New Members ×

Dual GS On Sun 2-5

Strider

I know its a bad time for that. Iwill be there because Badger Games didn't work out for me this year....guess I won't be defending my gold Medal this year. Hopefully we can convince them to do more of the duals with snowboard panels.

Are you by any chance on the Butt Busters?? I'm from Dead Sexy,and Tim, John and I took 1,2,3, last year at Badger Games, but decided not to go this year due to lack of competition and the fact that they wouldn't handicap the scores for us.....also Sunday really sux for an all-day event. Last years happened on a Saturday which makes it a lot easier for us old married guys to take the whole day off.

Good Luck and represent :)

This is my 1st year on a GS board so I will see how I can compete against Alderman. He has been smoking me during the USASA events thus far.

I guess Brent was smoking everyone heheh not only in his age group:) This weekend it might get interesting since he's at Cascade:) I'll see if we can make it this Sunday... ..if only Tyrol B. was any closer:(

Yeah, Brent smoked me for a long time too. Now, he Tim and I run about even. Sometimes I win, sometimes he wins, etc. Makes it fun. He missed Badger last year which was too bad. We had a good time there 2 years ago. Be sure to give him crap about his bannana suit.

As for the old married guy thing, it mostly has to do with kids and getting permission to go out. My son wanted to go to Tyrol and run gates so thats where we're headed :biggthump

Hopefully this Monday is Snowboard gates becasue I think we're first in the lineup this week. We always get better handicaps compared to the skiers when they do that.

Oh, and if you're coming from Chicago, once you hit Madison Tyrol isn't any further than Cascade, just a differnt direction :)

<!-- / sig -->Yeah, Brent is a good racer. I know that you & your posse are as well. I'm almost to Scott's level, he is racing Badger State Games as well. Congrats on your gold last year. I myself have been snowboarding for 17 years & did the 1st ever Badger State Games up at Rib Mtn. in Wausau. Wow, that must have been back in '92 or '93. I had no clue what I was doing back then, but it was still fun. I have been riding around on freeride boards since then until this season I went out & bought a hard boot setup & am loving it! As far as Brent's blue banana suit, I gave him crap when I saw him racing in it at USASA Nationals last season.

Yes, I am hoping snowboard gates are the choice by the Tyrol crew for Monday night. There is nothing like racing the actual gates that were built for snowboards.

Also, I'm not from Chicago. I have lived in WI my whole life. My wife & I have had a few opportunities to move to CO, but we passed on every one. I know it would have helped my snowboarding, but I couldn't leave the family & friends behind in the great state of WI. I live in Sun Prairie now, so Cascade is about 10 minutes closer than Tyrol.

Hopefully we will see you their on Sunday, if not, see you Monday night!!!

Oh, and if you're coming from Chicago, once you hit Madison Tyrol isn't any further than Cascade, just a differnt direction :)

I know but still it's a 3h drive:( I think with amount of work I have left for this weekend I might choose a closer resort, even though I love coming out to Tyrol:) Great people and great atmosphere:)

I'd really like to try the PGS ...hmmm... sooo tempting:))

Hey Darrin,

Thats really cool. It won't be long and both you and Scott will be pushing us. I hope you all do well at BGS....make Brent work for it. You definitley need to stop in the bar afterwards and chat with us, we're always looking for more people to help us give the skiers ****. :)

I meant the last part of the post for djlepper because he was coming from Chi-town. If you make it up this weekend Dj look for me on the hill....I will probabl;y be one of the only hardbooters this weekend and will be there from about 9-1or2. I'll also talk to the NASTAR guys and see what I can do about convinving them to do more PGS with the snowboard gates and post it here. Hope to see you out sometime. I do know that we are going to try and get a group together with the MN guys as we all went up there earlier this seaon. Could end up being a pretty big group of hardbooters in one place soI'll let you know about that as well.

It's 11pm and I know now that I won't make it tommorow:( ... I'm way behind in my work so not a chance. It would be great if we could do PGS from time to time:)) I think there will be quite few ppl interested in racing each other:))

I do know that we are going to try and get a group together with the MN guys as we all went up there earlier this seaon. Could end up being a pretty big group of hardbooters in one place soI'll let you know about that as well.

Great idea:) It might be nice get together (hope my liver can handle it heheh:) I'm already reserving next weekend to come out to Tyrol. I'll try to bring few hardbooters with!:)

Hope to see you guys next week.

-matt