Note to New Members ×

Barrie Area question

B18C1

Hey :D I currently live in quebec but I'll be moving to ontario, barrie, really soon to some school called Georgian college. I know it's located in Barrie, and since I will live there about 3 years, I was wondering if there were some nice ski resorts around. I looked it up and so far, all I have found is ''horseshoe ski resort'' (wich is 15 minutes away). Honestly it seemed a little small :( . So anyway, if any of you could tell me about bigger resorts around Barrie (30 mins away or less), that would be great :biggthump Looking forward to meeting some of you. Thanks ! -Jules

Hi Jules, you may be a bit disappointed in our hills here in Ontario... and they are hills, not mountains like you have in QC. Anyway, most carvers in the area head to a place called Mount St. Louis Moonstone... website is www.mslm.com (or maybe .ca??). it is a bit more than 30 minutes from Barrie but the best carving hill around. It will still be small compared to what you are used to but definitely some nice wide and fairly steep trails there.

Hopefully we'll see you there!

Andrea Morgan

Hehe, then I won't even consider having a membership at horseshoe! I looked up Mount St. Louis Moonstone and it seems rather nice while it's not too far from Barrie, this is perfect! I also heard of some ''blue mountain ski resort" in Ontario wich seemed popular, is it too far away ? :confused: Thanks for the information.:D -Jules

Blue Mountain is an extra 45 mins to 1 hour from Barrie. It's worth the drive during the week but not on weekends - too crowded.

Are you enrolled in one of Georgian's automotive programs?

Ahh, I see ! And yes, I am in Automotive marketing or something like that at georgian's. (starting next september) :biggthump Are you too? -Jules