Slope Rage

bschurman

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Reminds me of the time I was in a liftline and there was a very obvious new skier being hassled by a group of teens. He was a meek looking Asian dude and the teens were racers wearing all the gear and expensive accoutrements. The "coolest" kid kept pushing the rear of the Asian guy's bindings with his ski pole every time he moved forward, causing him to stumble and nearly fall - with much teenage mirth ensuing. They did this about four times and just as I'm about to step forward and chastise the teens, the Asian dude whips around and cracks the cool kid in the side of the knee with his ski pole. Zero warning. Doesn't say a word and continues on.

I looked around and everyone in line was smiling. Everyone but the kid lying on the ground clutching his knee.

In that case, I would say that violence was richly deserved.

Reminds me of the time I was in a liftline and there was a very obvious new skier being hassled by a group of teens. He was a meek looking Asian dude and the teens were racers wearing all the gear and expensive accoutrements. The "coolest" kid kept pushing the rear of the Asian guy's bindings with his ski pole every time he moved forward, causing him to stumble and nearly fall - with much teenage mirth ensuing. They did this about four times and just as I'm about to step forward and chastise the teens, the Asian dude whips around and cracks the cool kid in the side of the knee with his ski pole. Zero warning. Doesn't say a word and continues on.

I looked around and everyone in line was smiling. Everyone but the kid lying on the ground clutching his knee.

In that case, I would say that violence was richly deserved.

As i was reading that I thought it was going to say, "the Asian dude whips around and cracks the cool kid in the balls." that would've made my day complete. Good nonethless :biggthump

I just got taken out by a snowboarder. After getting off the chair and clicking in, I did one good toeside carve across the hill and then gingerly skidded around toward the SLOW sign above a trail crossing. No crazy, unpredictable lines, nothing like that. I heard the guy a second before impact. He ran over/into the back of my new Donek and hit me in the right bicep. Never saw him until after the yard sale. Other people came up and asked if we were OK. He hurt my arm, but he didn't seem too good himself. After asking him if he wanted the ski patrol, I said, "Thanks a lot" and left. Why hang around? It's not like he's going to offer to pay my medical expenses or replace damaged equipment.

Guest Tim Tuthill

Jack Knows that I was hit at Aspen last year at the SES. It put me down for 4 months. You buy your ticket and take your chances. That said, the jump run out from the X games jump goes right into the slow zone in front of Bumps resteraunt. Dumb on the mountains part. The head of the ski patrol told me that they have tryed to get them to move it further up the hill for years. I now know how to get around and avoid being in line with the jump. I still think that they will get suied big time if a kid gets killed. I was in good enough shape to take what happend to me?? Right on Jack about the nanny state!!!