Note to New Members ×

What boards to bring to SES?

Mike T

I am hoping to "travel light" and only bring 2 decks w/ bindings to SES. I'll be there for the last 3 days only. If there is snow in the forecast I'll certainly bring my "Slushbuster" for that. Otherwise... are big sticks the way to go? Or are the runs steep enough so that someone used to riding Mount Hood and Mount "Flatular" (Bacehlor) should bring a tighter-turning stick? Generally speaking, is it easy to bring multiple sticks to the hill on a given day without a car?

Yo Mike.

I've never been to Aspen but I've heard it's got everything you could ever want so I would come prepared for ALL conditions-ESPECIALLY POWDER.

Also if you need a place to put your boards I'll offer my car and I'll bring the extra set of keys. Not quite sure if you can fit a 200cm+ board inside a RSX though :p

Also Fin might be able to hold some boards in the demo tent? You gotta store the customers boards somewhere when they are demoing, right Fin?

Here's my thoughts from being up there every weekend.

I ride my 186 (SCR = 16) on all 4 of the mtns, it's my go anywhere groomed board here, and then use my 172 AllMtn for goofing off, small powder days and bump/crud runs, then my fish for the trees. I ride the 190+'s only at Buttermilk where there aren't many others around to worry about. Those are kind of luxury boards on luxury days.

If I had to only pick 2 boards for 3 days it would be my 186 and the AllMtn. You can get around everywhere with that combo.

So if you have things in the comparable range then look to see what the weather forcast is going to be to see if you exchange a board for the Powder board, if you can only take 2.

This year we've been exceptionally blessed with early and big dumps and that's kind of out of the ordinary otherwise I only get about 4 days out of my fish during the season here.

I take 2 boards to the hill and lock one up at the base so I can switch mid day when I want to mix it up. No one has yet ever bothered us doing that and many guys do. If you are staying in town and are using the bus system then you can carry both boards on the bus (inside). It's never been a problem for us in the past when we shuttle around from one mtn to the other. That makes it fun to hit one mtn in the morning and then go to another one for the afternoon.

JoelP

I am hoping to "travel light" and only bring 2 decks w/ bindings to SES. I'll be there for the last 3 days only. If there is snow in the forecast I'll certainly bring my "Slushbuster" for that. Otherwise... are big sticks the way to go? Or are the runs steep enough so that someone used to riding Mount Hood and Mount "Flatular" (Bacehlor) should bring a tighter-turning stick? Generally speaking, is it easy to bring multiple sticks to the hill on a given day without a car?

Mike,

Based on the truly prodigious shrine o' boards I saw up on your living room wall when I was at your place, I think the thought of having to choose is a task that not even Salomon could handle. Its really kinda like having to choose which kid to leave behind when you go to Disneyland... I think your best bet is to rent a big ole V-12 Powerstroke diesel, hook that sucker up to the foundation, and drag the whole casa out to SES. :lol: