Note to New Members ×

Superbowl Sunday, Banff area

Allee

Allee, I am coming to Calgary this thursday, and will be in banff Friday night I think. I will post here on saturday If I am going to Sunshine on Sunday. I am not sure about Louise as my Father in Law has a pass at Sunshine and probably has tickets for me when I arrive.

Hey Jason!

We didn't even end up going out ... my dog took our shopping trip on Sat as an excuse to trash the fence on one side of the yard. So we had to spend the morning Sunday rebuilding Alcatraz.

Hope you had a good time, weather looked awesome!

The weather was not too bad, blowing snow and zero vis at times on the upper parts but there was 3 inches of fresh so the snow was soft. Also we walked onto every lift untill 12:30 when we went home beacause of general tiredness. We are staying up at the sunshine lodge on wednesday night, snowboarding on tuesday and wednesday. I also hear that Dan Yoja, the mastermind behind upz runs the rental shop at sunshine now.

Have a good week.

I'm SOOOOO jealous. I'm away the next 2 weekends so that will be 3 weeks with no boarding ...... aaaaaagggghhh ... although I suppose 8 days kayaking in Belize makes up for it.

Have a fabulous time, do tell what the Sunshine Inn is like ... I've always wanted to go there.

We got a midweek? deal, 140 bucks for 2 days of snowboarding and one nights accomodation. It was nice, rustic and no frills. The rooms have a bed, and a small bathroom with a shower. There are common tv room between a few sections of the hotel. The hot tub was great, I even ordered a pitcher of beer from the bar and they brought it down for us :biggthump Tuesday was good riding, hard snow but just a few runs were groomed. Wednesday was cool too, about 2 inches in the morning and soft snow for the day. They gave us a free late checkout at 2:00 on wednesday so we can use the room to take care of our baby. Our awesome mother in law babysat while my wife, father in law and myself went riding.

We rounded up the day with another hot tub then went back to Banff, I am off to Kicking horse on friday.

Have fun in Belize, I hope it is really hot for you guys.