Note to New Members ×

Where are the women on this board?

Guest powderprincess

My wife is getting started on plates, but she doesn't read nor post here.

Her gear :

-Coiler FC 165 (built to her weight - gift from yours truly ;) )

-Nitro SL 154 (doesn't ride it much - likes the Coiler a lot better)

-Raichle 225 boots, with tongues from a set of 224's in order to soften them up, rides in powder mode

-TD2 step-in bindings

Guest powderprincess
better question:ffice:office" /

<O:p

where have you been? and where are you now? <O:p

do you compete? where do you ride? what are you all about?

<O:p</O:p

i've been around, now I am here :)<O:p

I do not compete in snowboarding, I do compete in ultimate frisbee, and I used to compete in running. Maybe competition is in my riding future, however. . .I'm not that good yet.<O:p

I have been riding on either a Wild Duck Swap 155 and/or 149 (155 is for sale btw:)) for a couple years, but not nearly enough days. I feel more noob-like than I think I should be at this point. Sometimes I feel like I know what I am doing, sometimes I don't. I think I would do better on a slightly more flexible board. I find that I am reattaching my bindings 3 times a day rather than getting the board to give a little. That's where a women's specific board might come in handy. <O:p

<O:p

I know a bunch of hard booters, but I am smaller than them and can't effectively borrow and ride on their stuff, so I have only tried out those two boards. I would love to expand the quiver. <O:p

When I do get in the groove of carving, it is tons-o-fun. I love it! I just haven’t been in the groove as much as I want. I just got a stiff-for-a-soft-boot-setup freestyle board. It’s fun; riding on it makes me miss the hard boots. I definitely like both. <O:p

I thought I would join the forums, learn some tips, meet cool people, and hopefully find better equipment. <O:p

My home base is in MA but I mostly ride in ME, VT, & NH. Good times! J

Guest powderprincess
The little carver girl. I forget her handle...

She's in MA too, you could ride Wa-Wa chusett wed nights.

Girls who ride are COOL! Even my wife!

Riding at night: fo-sho! I can't get there until the kids go away, good timing.

excellent...

you should come out and compete a bit in the USASA series, in MA. we are very low key, and have a great time. check out our website: www.ridemass.org.

get in touch with bob Dea. he is a central mass guy, and has some smaller boareds that he like to lend out.

you could also come west to Bousquet and hook up with my team and just come ride with us when do some gate training...

hope to see you on the slopes soon.

p.s. sonja's handle is skipuppy

Guest powderprincess
excellent...

get in touch with bob Dea. he is a central mass guy, and has some smaller boareds that he like to lend out.

you could also come west to Bousquet and hook up with my team and just come ride with us when do some gate training...

Sweet, thanks for all the info!

excellent...

you should come out and compete a bit in the USASA series, in MA. we are very low key, and have a great time. check out our website: www.ridemass.org.

I WAS REMEMBERED!!!!! Woot woot !! And thanks to Ike for sending me an IM about the forum. So yeah, I am a girl, I ride hard boots and I live in Mass. I am on the ski team at my school so I have been preoccupied for the last four weekends with races and have two more weekends for them as well. Because of the nature of our ski team (lots of party no work) I basically have no life during the week and haven't been checking Bomber out (I know- complete and total shame!!!)

I will try to check it more often now though. :-) Keep up the good work ladies!!

Guest powderprincess
Just a thought...since you think your Ducks are too stiff, try your plates/hardboots at moderate angles on your freeride board. I think you likey ;) .

oooh. . .interesting. I was out on my freeride board after not riding softies for a couple years and the first thing I thought was, "I need stiffer boots". I would not have thought to marry the two different breeds together. Good idea.

Guest powderprincess
My wife is getting started on plates, but she doesn't read nor post here.

Her gear :

-Coiler FC 165 (built to her weight - gift from yours truly ;) )

-Nitro SL 154 (doesn't ride it much - likes the Coiler a lot better)

-Raichle 225 boots, with tongues from a set of 224's in order to soften them up, rides in powder mode

-TD2 step-in bindings

oooooooooOOh, the Coiler's look niiice.

I'll trade you my wife for your wifes 167 Burner....... :biggthump Post a picture of that sexy thing, and one of your wife too if you want..... :eplus2:

Have fun,

Paul

I need to see some pics first :D and get permission from my wife :eek:

Anyway here is pic of both sexy things

http://www.flegmatic-carving.com/gallery/index.php?album=%2FMessila%20Maddness%208.1%20by%20Vahur%2Fℑ=dsc_2423.jpg

riding 6 days a week takes it's toll. i've definitely been checking in, but i am not coherent enough most of the time to reply. and i don't think any of the guys mind that.

if the women's carve session goes off in march, definitely make a point of checking it out. it should be a lot of fun. in the very least, you can laugh at me. i'm hoping that i'll still be able to walk by then.

oh, toys...

any binding i can get my hands on cheap.

raichle 423 boots, fitted to my alien feet.

burton alp 5.7. super fun play board for moderate speeds and doping around

madd 170. super duper fun all around play board that holds an edge and then some (came down steeps sunday and it didn't even register what it was). my favorite, very versatile board.

volkl RT 173. i'm a bit light for it. but i still love it. it's a definite butt kicker. forces me to ride better (otherwise i would die)

then there's the mystery soft boot set up that isn't complete. personally, in my "getting into hardbooting" experience, it is the feedback from the boot/binding set-up that takes the most time to get used to. maybe putting them on a freeride board would be a good step. i didn't do that. but i also thought that i absolutely had to carve to figure out what the heck i was doing. learn to control yourself doing dynamic skidded, yup i said skidded, turns on that set-up before really trying to lay an edge in. it will make a difference. it kinda lets you get further aquainted with the board without requiring as high of speeds. it needs a tremendous amount of input from you to make it happen, and those skills will carry over to carving on those boards.

happy riding!

Well, I don't know if this would interest you, but being a short guy, my quiver tends to be on the short end of the spectrum! I ride in NH, mostly at Bretton Woods, and I tend to bring a few boards with me to the mountain.

Let's see here, I have:

Hot Shine 154

Madd 158

Volkl Renntiger 158SL

Prior 4WD 159

Donek FC-1 163

Donek RC167GS

And Plus, there is a group of carvers that go up to Sunapee on Thursdays that are from the Greater Boston/North Shore/Metro West area. Great bunch of guys!

So if any of that interests you, drop me a line! And again...welcome!

I need to see some pics first :D and get permission from my wife :eek:

Anyway here is pic of both sexy things

http://www.flegmatic-carving.com/gallery/index.php?album=%2FMessila%20Maddness%208.1%20by%20Vahur%2Fℑ=dsc_2423.jpg

nice pic, pokkis.

wonderin if this dude ever complains about his swoard simply not having enough edge contact?

http://www.flegmatic-carving.com/gallery/show.php?size=640x640&album_name=%2FMessila%20Maddness%208.1%20by%20Vahur%2F&obj_name=dsc_2459.jpg