Note to New Members ×

WTB: Virus or Coiler PR 172 or larger

eaglez

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest mduford

I have a new 180cm coiler. I won it last weekend at the ECES. If you are interested please let me know. I can send you some pictures and the numbers on the side if you want. It is blue.

Thanks

Mike

• 3 weeks later...

i have a coiler 186 that i used as a training board for 1 season. It still has lots of life in it, but has a few cosmetic dings in the top sheet. It is 19.3cm wide with a 15.7m radius, 4mm taper. I will be back in ontario in a few weeks and will be able to get it to you then if you are interested. Let me know what you think

Pat Farrell

Are you the one that had Bruce make you a very wide board with really far out custom "zombie" graphics? And that board didn't ride as well as you expected? Is the board that you show in the pic the same type of board? What are the specs on this board... if you are indeed looking to sell?

Darren :biggthump

No,, no Coiler wide Board for me.. although I am toying with another Idea..

But my latest creation was the Infiltrator 161 with 19 wide and 14.7m sidecute... Its awesome so,,, nope not me.

The coiler in the picture is a SuperBoard construction 188cm 18.5 width and 18.5m sidecut with an effective edge somewhere around 180.

Don't know if I will sell it..I don't think I can get what I want for it....

One special board!!

Shred

Ya, that is the board I was referring to. I just searched back on that name and found the original thread where you showed it to everyone. I stopped reading the thread on the day you posted your first ride review and it sounded like it sucked. Looking back now, it appears that in fact IT RULED! Are you normally using short boards? I have been gravitating toward long boards I think because I have never had the right short board. I just got a 180 W80 Virus and that board is heaven!! Never had a 161 before. Is it really easy to handle? Sam on BOL has a 166 Coiler PR for sale and I was looking into that. What is your weight?

Darren :biggthump

Im 200 LBS ++.. the thing is with the 161 is that it has a side cut of 14.7m and an effective edge of 151cm... so it feels and rides like a much longer board. I had trouble at first only cause it messes with your head.. I kept on trying to turn it real short like a 161 would feel like.. but it said "hey" open me up!!! "Don't ***cing turn so much..just lay me out" like a good hooker should!

So you need to put into perspective what you are getting... I gravitated to long long boards.. but now with the 161 , Im moving down the ladder.. due to sidecuts and effective edge.. Its a tricky game.. but I like what I ended up with.. Its a something to do all if this is all I have!.. its perfect..

Maybe if Jack reads this he can give his insite to this.. he's doing something similar I believe.

With The Violator 188 well... It would be have to be the price of what a replacement would be. maybe not totaly Custom, unless someone can offer me something new and special as a trade... if you got some conections??? hmmmm

Everything has its price!!!

Shred