Note to New Members ×

Your all time favourite carving board?

surfinsmiley

For a while, I liked the Madd 170 best. Excellent grip and very comfortable to ride. Not terribly demanding either. Lately though, I've found the 158 to have almost as much grip, and more of a hoot to throw around. It is a pretty challenging ride, but a lot of fun.

As you can see from my profile, I've gone quite Madd. :eplus2:

Gotta put in a word or two about the 175 WCR after attending a Prior Demo last week. It could be the go-to board that leaves all others gathering dust. With a 19.5cm waist and 11.9m sidecut, that board was willing and able to do anything attempted in less than ideal conditions. For being stock the nose/board flex was perfect for my 170#.

For me, the only one that gets the nod for the slopes almost every time is my Volkl Renntiger 173. If its dumped 3 ft. it won't make the trip, but otherwise it is in the car. Stable, fast and hard to upset at my 160 lbs, and can turn it almost as sharp as my 160 Nitro SC. Good step up for a first carving board. Always makes me smile.

:biggthump

Thanks for all your fantastic responses guys and gals.

I see that board preference is like everything else in life, hugely varied:cool:.

I think, after all that, I`ll have to buy a couple of cheap secondhand boards to see what really works the best for me and then when I find something close to what feels good to me I`ll buy a nice new one of those dimensions.

Cheers for all the good info.

My favorite by far is the Coiler RC175 that I bought here (from Bobby Buggs). It isn't a good board for Powder but other than a few lucky days in Japan last year I rarely get that priveledge, here on the ice coast that's not really an option. Coilers are amazing when they are matched to your weight and I can't think of anything I want different :biggthump

From what I have heard the coilers are probably the one to get and if I had a better idea on what will suit me, I'd dive right in and order a custom for myself right now.

Alas, I don't have any time under my belt on alpine boards at all so I want to at least try a few different sizes and widths to see what's good for my style of riding.

at the risk of taking a bunch of crap again, I definitely have to say my F2 Silberpfiel is my favorite. This board never fails me and always puts a smile on my face. My Burner is alot of fun and I treasure that board, but for all around ridability the F2 gets the nod.....o.k., let the F2 Poster Childs comments fly... :D

Have fun,

Paul

agreed

From what I have heard the coilers are probably the one to get and if I had a better idea on what will suit me, I'd dive right in and order a custom for myself right now.

Alas, I don't have any time under my belt on alpine boards at all so I want to at least try a few different sizes and widths to see what's good for my style of riding.

A couple of things to think about ...Coilers are a year wait...something that has saved me from ordering a new one for sure. If you want a Coiler, get on Bruce's "Build List" NOW before next year is full. As for what you need from all accounts Bruce is a master at bulding the board that a rider needs (notice I didn't say want's) from input and conversations...everyone raves about how he builds the board that fits them perfectly. I know that my next Coiler will be an AM, I've been dreaming about a 169 Exteme for over a year now. However I just bought an old house so the majority of my funding will be going towards that and hopefully a season pass.

Beware the used boards.

I've been there and you must be carefull.

A burned out board can crush your self esteem; and totally confuse you.

Hmmm....... That`s not something I`d really thought about:smashfrea.

You can`t tell if a board has "burnt out" if you haven`t ridden it, can you?

GEKO- I`m kinda in the same boat, the wife is putting the foot down right about now!:(