Note to New Members ×

Record number of hardbooters at Cypress!

BlueB

Kev and I finaly met George "Crucible" on the hill. The man has quite impressive milage under his plates! He really rips in a fast, smooth, surfy freeride style. Good meeting you George, we'll ride together again.

And I got to try Kevin's Coiler AM 172, in conditions that it was designed for - lots of fresh snow, skied-up and choppy, lots of small bumps. Sweet board! Stiffer than my Hooger, but not too stiff or hooky. Damp and easy to ride, but you can crank it up when wanted.

Boris

Boris,

It was a blast ripping it up with you and Kevin last night.

I'm pounding the Ibuprofen now so that I can walk around and get the lactic acid burn out of my legs- it's hard keeping up with you guys from an endurance standpoint...

I look forward to digging more trenches with the North Shore Carving Tribe soon!

George

I hooked up with Jamie today - a former racer on a yellow Renntiger 163. I spoke to him for about 30 seconds, few weeks ago (I was teaching and couldn't really leave the kids), so we never saw each other again. Today during lunch time, I noticed a familiar board on the racks. I had to go for the next lesson, so I just left a short note with my cell no stuck in the bindings... On my next hour off, I was laying over some deep carves, Jamie saw me from the chair, and caught up with me. I checked my cell phone - 2 missed calls :D !

New member will ride with us on Thursday night, hopefully.

Boris

• 3 weeks later...

As the rain died, I went to the mountin for some wet cement slashing.

Met a guy from Ontario on Coiler AM with his local buddy on a softy. We rode together for the rest of the afternoon. He's sooo impressed with Vancouver already, that he would move here, if ther wasn't for the kids in high school. He'll be doing some heli powder boarding of Whistler in few days (on Coiler!). I would imagine, after the heli trip, he's mind would be set on relocating to Van. :D

Boris