Note to New Members ×

Buck 1/29

Speedzilla

I don't think I will be making it out. I went for a little while this morning at Welch and my leg isn't feeling to good.

Sorry to hear that Erik.

It's raining here right now. It supposed to turn to snow later tonight.

It doesn't look like it's going to freeze much tonight, the snow might be OK in the morning. It's hard to say for sure.

I might give it a go.

Wanted Patrick to get in some gate time....tried the NASTAR course. The snow was very, very sloppy and extremely rutted. I used a high flouro but speed was just not possible as his new Donek just sliced through the slop.

I sure hope that it gets colder soon.

Ill probably be at Hyland tomorrow morning if anyone is in that area.

Patrik -

(Tried to e-mail you off the thread, but was denied access)

I think we'll be trying to set a dual slalom course at Hyland on Saturday morning for G-team practice. If you have any interest - drop by (North? maybe?) and come race with us. Last Thursday the snow was kind of miserable.. I had the riders slip the course like three times just to have a somewhat level surface to carve across. Hoping it's better on Sat..

Hey have you been out on your FPrime yet?

~Coach Karl

.....sounds like a blast. Unforunately, we will be in Milwaukee for the weekend and will miss practice. Sure hope it gets colder....this sucks.

BTW....according to the schedule Saturdays is GS day. Most bring both boards, but just in case, Jess should send out something suggesting that you will run SL.

Matt

Yeah that sounds like itd be fun. Ill have to check my work schedule and see if I work on Saturday or Sunday morning this weekend. Unfortunatly the restraunt I'm a server at is only open mornings mornings so i have to base stuff around that. I haven't gotten the FP yet becuase the board is at his mountian house and he is on vacation untill Feb 7th so Im hoping to have it soon after that. On a side note, do many of the racers from Gteam sharpen their edges much or use diamond stones? I know it probably helps a ton and I've been asking some of the ski racers from school if they have any i could borrow since im a little short on money from the board. So i was just wondering if it made a noticable difference.

Hopefully Ill see you on Saturday.

Pat

....makes all the difference, especially when riding in our crappy ice. Patrick just bought a new Donek on our last trip to CO and he wanted to ride the board there. So I paid a little extra to have a "race tune" ($80) at Keystone. What an incredible difference it made. A true 3 degree bevel vs a sorta kinda 3 degree bevel are two dramatically different things.

I do have the tools necessary to do a 1/3 if you want to borrow them. Curt Anderson on the team also will do the same for you for a reasonable fee.

Matt

Matt: that sounds great if I could borrow it. I've read some of the articles on here about doing it, but maybe you could just give me a quick run down of what to do, or tips for it, if I'm able to make it out on Saturday. Also, would you suggest that if I'm just using the board mainly for free riding instead of racing?

Patrick will not be at practice as we will be in Milwaukee over the weekend. Yes....I'd be happy to tell you what I know about using the edge tools. Maybe you can make a practice during the week. Also, don't forget that there is an alpine race at Hyland a week from Friday....in the evening.

http://www.usasa.org/series/series.lasso?-token=browse&SeriesCode=altseries&-maxRecords=1&-database=regions.fp3&-layout=region_info&-search

You need to buy a temp USASA license and then pay an entry fee for each race (SL/GS). If you were to race more than next Friday, then you would consider a full USASA license.

It's the last race of the season here in MN. We are likley to attend one at Tyrol Basin (West of Madison)that Sunday as well.

If you don't race, you might want to come watch.

Hope to see you there or at a practice.

Matt

Karl~

Sorry I couldn't make it out today. I was hoping too, but I've had a black toe for awhile and last night at soccer the toenail on my big toe cracked all the way down, so I've been having some trouble walking. Hopefully it'll heal fast and I will be out there sometime this week.