Note to New Members ×

Jewell's meddling rival tries to knock him off team?

Mr. Colon

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i had just read the article after trying to figure out who from the usa was in the olympics this time...

I don't fault Klug much for trying to fight the decision. If it was me i might do the same... it would depend on how bad i wanted to be on the team. I have to assume that he's the type of guy who doesn't take no for an answer or he wouldn't have gotten as far as he has in the sport. I would imagine that Tyler could have a similar mindset, but he has more points so... yeah.

I'm upset about only one person going.. i hope that will change in 2010... nothing to be done about it till then.

I've been happy with all of the olympic controversy involving alpine snowboarding since the beginning. For a sport i enjoy so much to go along quietly would be a shame imho.

Why would you fight a the decision?

Klug knew the criteria as well as everyone else who was in contention. And he KNEW Tyler was ahead of him. No one else in the sport would pull a move like that. That is just being a cry baby, and shows where your true motivation is. Believe me if the results were reversed Tyler would never stoop so low as to file a court case to go to the Olympics.

And yes we all hope the IOC adds country quota spots for Whistler. As it stands now, snowboarding is the hardest event to get into the Olympics in. It isn't right when you have people ranked in the top ten in the world who can't compete because of the quota spots.

Yes, and i don't know Tyler's carreer at all, seems like a highly motivated guy. I think you're right about the points thing. Klug knew it, we knew it... i guess i had to play devil's advocate there for a sec. I think what i meant is that when it comes to competition some people are so hell bent that they continue to compete off-piste, and i wouldn't expect anything less.

As far as honor is concerned Klug will only have himself to answer to in the end. Once you got a taste of olympic glory how far would you go to get it back again? If you wouldn't go that far good.. i doubt i would either, but i do acknowledge that uncertainty exists, i don't know what i'd do if i was so driven. I think we all have that feeling sometimes in the pit of the stomach that says "i want this bad, do whatever it takes".. its a question of how we act on it... hindsight is blah blah.. you've heard it all before.

First you said you would do it, then you say you wouldn't????

What Klug did was the act of a coward. You guys only know half the story, Klugs actual actions in court were pathetic. Most true competitors aren't willing to screw team mates for our own personal glory when they know they are in the wrong.

Guest dragon fly jones

HA HA made you look.

Klug is scheduled to go to Turin as the most expensive and sponsored US rider to not make the team. PR stuff and all that. Then off to russia for the World Cup there he better win or he is really going to look silly, if Tyler and crew beat up on him there the questions about him will really begin to swirl.

Hey Phil I will be in town next week - we gonna get susie?

you got it right.. i flip flopped.

what i meant was that i am willing to entertain all possibilities and refrain from passing judgement, no disrespect was meant to anyone.

regardless of his recent actions his previous acheivements were earned...

i'm interested in what you guys think about the topic so i am glad i got some response...anyway, i wasn't trying to start a fight, was just thinking about it is all.

how are the influencial people in the sport going to lobby for more spots anyway? is there some specific process?

I don't know how we can get the IOC to give more country spots. It was really odd when they added an entire new event (SBX) but didn't allow countries to send more athletes. But that's what you get when the people making decisions don't know much about the sports they oversee.

-chuckle- this very much remind me the controversy between the ISF and the FIS before Nagano Olympics. So ratherly, its really nothing new.

can't wait till next week ... i really want to see the race regardless of who is representing the usa. is anyone tivo'ing it? if i can remember i will set my vcr to record it and then convert it to a file on the computer... with the written consent of the IOC of course... hehe.

I'm definitely Tivoing it... if possible, I'll try to make up an .avi to bittorrent out.