Note to New Members ×

Zazzle T-shirts - Thanks, DSub!

patmoore

I took D-Sub's advice and went to www.zazzle.com and created a T-shirt. Someone else ordered a copy and Zazzle credited me with $3.50. Pretty cool marketing concept. I need to come up with a better idea for a shirt. This one is of me f*rting around shortly after I took up boarding in 1997. I was trying to see if it's possible to do a handstand while attached to a heavy 168cm Burton Air. It's possible but I couldn't believe how heavy that board felt.

Here's the link: http://tinyurl.com/8y6cw

and here's the T-shirt:

mli7f4.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Guest tdinardo
just saw this

which is higher...cafe press or zazzle?

does cafe kick you back if someone else orders your deal?

The zazzle stuff is higher priced by a bunch.

Cafe Press charges X for their stuff and then allows you to charge whatever you want for resale. When someone buys whatever from your storefront CafePress cuts you a check for the delta.

Guest tdinardo
but...doesnt zazzle allow a better design? I thought thats why I had picked them

whatever...sounds like Cafe Press is cheaper. thats all that matters these days :)

Not really sure if Zazzle offers better design features. Haven't used them.

Cheaper matters if the quality is the same; but it's not the right choice if the quality is crap. :rolleyes: The cafe press stuff seems to be decent quality. I'll have to try the zazzle stuff once to compare.

Took this shot of the child bride while we were cross country skiing in Yellowstone last week. I guess I could put it on a t-shirt but can't think of a caption. How many are you are old enough to remember the song "Oh you can't roller skate in a buffalo heard but you can be happy if you've a mind to"? Okay, it's a bison.

n49ydz.jpg

Our snowcoach driver (of seventeen years experience) told us going in to the park that he hardly ever goes off the road. Guess we just caught him on an off day. I really thought we were going over.....

mucq55.jpg

muij2o.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

"Oh you can't roller skate in a buffalo herd but you can be happy if you've a mind to."

Patmoore,

I know that song. I had an album with it on there. It was a compilation of other wacky tunes. As a matter of fact, I think it had the term Wacky in the title.

"All you've gotta do, is put your mind to it, buckle (hunker?) down, buckle down and do it, do it, do it. "

And you can't take a shower in a parakeet cage. And there was something about an elephant, too.

That's the one. Roger Miller had a huge hit with it. It was probably 1962-63.

About the same time someone came out with a song that asked "Does your chewing gum lose its flavor on the bedpost over night".

Lyrics for Song: You Can't Roller Skate In A Buffalo Herd

Lyrics for Album: All Time Greatest Hits

Ya can't roller skate in a buffalo herd

But you can be happy if you've a mind to

Ya can't take a shower in a parakeet cage

All ya gotta do is put your mind to it

Knuckle down, buckle down, do it, do it, do it

Well, ya can't go a-swimmin' in a baseball pool

Ya can't go swimmin' in a baseball pool

Ya can't go swimmin' in a baseball pool

Ya can't change film with a kid on your back

Ya can't drive around with a tiger in your car

All ya gotta do is put your mind to it

Knuckle down, buckle down do it, do it, do it

Well, ya can't roller skate in a buffalo herd

Ya can't go fishin' in a watermelon patch

SPOKEN: "Ya can't roller skate in a buffalo herd"

FADE

• 5 months later...

Dang Pat. That is a pretty impressive piece of snow equipment!!

Dude, we need to start a gallery in "FLC" for you! Talk about "Multiple Lines". You do just about everything and longer than most anyone I know?

You Sir are a "FLC Hero" if ever I saw one!! (sounds like a good forum member level name)

Do you care if I gleem some of your photos and get your gallery started??

Thanks in advance, Bryan

Hi Bryan,

Help yourself to anything you like.

When you're staring at sexagenarian status (in two months) you try to cram as much into life as you can. "When you're over the hill, you pick up speed". I unicycled 7.7 miles last night but I'm being lethargic today. A while back I did create a three page personal photo gallery in a unicycling site. There are some great photos in your album. That bungee jump looks SO cool. That's next on my "to do" list. And I can see why that quilt is your prized possession.

Trying to come up with ideas for more t-shirts. Maybe this one I've shared before:

259k5j6.jpg

Hey Bryan,

There is a photo of a guy named Doug at FLC showing him with an alpine board at a lake. Did he ride that thing behind a boat? How successful was it? I'm going wakeboarding in September. Maybe I'll bring an alpine setup for giggles.

25f134m.jpg

Pat, yes, Doug is always willing to "Test The Waters".

Here is the link to "Doug's Member Gallery"

I have uploaded the photo of Doug waterskiing on his Bomber set up on an F2 Alpine board. Check out his new Tinkler "Big Kahuna". No, it has not been ridden yet. Knowing Doug he is anxious to give it a go.

As to the quality of the ride? I have no idea, my guess is he has plenty of high end water skis that perform much better. Check out the foil!