Note to New Members ×

Summit County Waxing

ak_rider

I'm about halfway through my first season here in Summit County. I love the snow but am having problems figuring out the wax. Being from AK and the NE I'm used to a wetter snow and have relied on fluronated waxes. I've discovered that the high fluro waxes don't work so well out here. I've experiemented with some graphite and have had ok results-It makes my board go faster than the high to mid fluro but am still dragging, especially on the cat tracks that these mountains love so much. Also, the changes in snow temps-especially on sunny days-seem to wreak havoc with my speed.

Perhaps there's a certain wax or technique that works better out here. Anyone with experience with this snow that can steer me in the right direction would reallly help me out.

ak_rider,

Yea, when I moved up here I had the same issue, always trying to find the right wax. About 3 years ago I gave up and just use Dominator All Temp "Zoom" wax. Works excellent all the time. If 1/10th of a second on your race time is important then, yes, your have to be more selective. Otherwise a quality all temp has been working for me for years. We also use it on all our demo gear with great success.

Guest toddflyingdog

Fin and Sean (Donek) turned me onto Dominator all temp. last winter and I have never been happier. I use the RaceZoom on boardercross day and posted the fasted time trial last weekend.

All-temp is so much easier, and so far it hasn't ever felt slower than my competitors... :AR15firin

in the CO snow all temp usually is fine, I was in CO for a season and it never got below zero and it was rare that it ever got real warm so for me I just ended up using either a all temp or the red swix(ch8?) 90% of the time and I was gliding faster than all my friends because I waxed frequently

Zoom for training / freeriding...RaceZoom for racing (get both old snow / new snow versions) in Graphite or regular...add Bullet for the cold days, Butter for the warm days...overlays of your choice if you are shaving hundredths on the race course and your budget allows.

http://www.dominatorwax.com/waxes.html