Note to New Members ×

Mt Hood Meadows 1-25

P06781

It was the last sunny day before the snow before the snow comes back again. The top by cascade was kinda ruff with lots of chicken heads. Vista and Shooting Star were nice , firm yet carvable. I might go again in the mourning with 5" tonight and 6-14" predicted during the day tomorrow.

Jim

post-219-141842212415_thumb.jpg

I saw you up there today. I waved from the chair, but I think

you were looking the other way. The conditions deteriorated

rapidly after about 1:00pm. Everything refroze to boilerplate, and

it was snowing, blowing, etc. I've ridden nothing but powder for a long time, seems like the hardpack took some getting used to.

I saw a couple of alpine riders and always tried to find them but never could . I got there late at 10am and left at 1pm . Its too bad I didnt find you Eric as it would have been nice to ride with someone. I know what you are saying about the powder riding , looks like a big dump thrus/fri ....

Jim

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Mt Hood Meadows has "Extended" the closing date BACK to where it historically has been , April 30th. 22 feet of snow mid mountain. In addition you can buy a Spring Season Pass for 99$. So, if my alpine brothers and sisters from areas that are closing are Jonesin for some turns, take a couple weeks off and come rip MHM for 99$

PS. Good to be home. Photo galleries and videos to be posted in the next week or so. OES was very fortunate to have excellent carving conditions. "Legends" at Donner was during a storm, but a total blast !!! Mike Jacoby won first place on a Burton M8/ M14.

Nice surprise visit at the Shasta ski area , a chance to rip with some of the local BOL members. Bryan