Note to New Members ×

back knee into???front toe piece???

kathy brower

Is this possible? And if it is what do I do to keep it from happening (ride more gently?) -

When carving recently in some fairly soft snow I dug in fairly hard and whacked my rear knee into something - it felt like the front toe piece of my Cateks and it was hard enough to bruise my knee - this happen to me once or twice before in similar conditions - I looked back and saw that I had dug an especially deep trench when this happened - any ideas??

Thanks

Kathy

I doubt you could flex your boots and board enough to hit your back knee on the front binding... sounds like a typical death cookie to me (carve really low and your back knee touches the snow and hits a small chunk of ice or very hard snow).

thanx for replies

I think it was something attached to me that I hit - so maybe the back of my front boot as Jack mentioned - the day was so soft I don't think there were any death cookies - more like wet cement....

Not interested in super stiff racing boots - I ski in softer ski boots as well despite being an agressive skier - I think it is a fallacy that you need super stiff boots to ride or ski well - stiff boots are good if you are racing or they complement your style of riding - I like the flexibility in a softer boot (and I am not that big in any case to have the power...)

Thanks Geoff - I will be there

Kathy

dude...we dont want to hear about under your pants, ok?

Ive never worn any pads, protection, whatsoever...hardly even when skating except in pools and on ramps...

I dont think Ive ever banged my knee on the ground carving. its likely cuz I have bad technique but DAMN that sounds like it would hurt a lot