Note to New Members ×

Burton Binding Question

mikey

I recently purchased a pair of Burton Physics bindings. While inspecting the hardware, I noticed that the heel pieces are different from one another. One heel piece is made from black plastic to which attaches a metal plate with two long, steal pins. The other heel piece is made from grey plastic two which attaches a metal plate with two shorter steal pins. Both of the shorter pins have two grooves running around the diameter about 1/3 of the way from the top of the pin.

I’m assuming I got a combination of heel pieces from two different model years (or something of that nature). Are there any performance differences between the shorter, ringed pins and the longer, non-ringed pins?

Thanks, any information is appreciated.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

I assume that when you're talking about the heel pieces, you're referring to the parts that attach to the baseplate of the binding and stay fixed to the deck (the "receiver" to most Intec users), versus the part that bolts into the heel of the boot and incorporates the cable release mechanism (which is what most BOL users mean when the refer to the heel piece).

Anyway, it sounds like you've got receivers from two different model years. I have used the same pair of heels with both types of receivers and noticed no discernable difference in retention or release between the two. You may need to alter the distance between the toe and heel blocks by a notch to accomodate for the difference in post height, but I'm not positive.

Hope this helps.

Eddie

I am sorry for the confusion. Yes, I was referring to the parts that attach to the base plate of the binding, not the heelpieces on the boot. I can’t post any pics…the wifey is on vacation and has the camera. It’s good to hear that you didn’t couldn’t tell the difference, performance wise, between the two models.

Thanks for the info,

Michael