Note to New Members ×

FS: Coiler AM 172

nekdut

Emails replied to. Still available! Like Neil G said, won't last long!

I was wondering why you were selling but when I found out you were rocking an 8.6 at 180 lbs - that's gotta be too much work. Still a great find for the heavier rider, and Bruce's waiting list is gonna get nothing but longer after people listen to what Jasey-Jay has to say in that hardbooter interview.

I was wondering why you were selling but when I found out you were rocking an 8.6 at 180 lbs - that's gotta be too much work. Still a great find for the heavier rider, and Bruce's waiting list is gonna get nothing but longer after people listen to what Jasey-Jay has to say in that hardbooter interview.

Yup that is exactly why I am selling. I am getting a new one from Bruce made for my weight. Great board, just too much for me to handle at my weight.

As stated in the title, you got yourself a keeper for the board!

This is assuming the board has most of its life left!

I'm interested to know the board's info as far as usage!

What year is it? How many days on it?

How many times has the edge been sharpen?

Let me know, thanks!

As stated in the title, you got yourself a keeper for the board!

This is assuming the board has most of its life left!

I'm interested to know the board's info as far as usage!

What year is it? How many days on it?

How many times has the edge been sharpen?

Let me know, thanks!

eos4life: I will email you as well, but to answer your questions: I believe it is an 03 but I am not the original owner so I do not know for sure. I only put in 1 day on the board myself, as it was too stiff for me. But given its condition, I do not think it was ridden very much. I did not sharpen the edges either, as they came razor sharp with plenty of edge left. I am sure you can get plenty of sharpenings out of this board. The board has plenty of camber and other than a few minor cosmetic marks on the topsheet, is pretty much in excellent shape.

My AM 172 is a 7.7 stiffness custom for me at 190 lbs - I suspect 8.6 will be plenty for you. I'm not sure why this thing isn't gone already, it's an excellent price.

I'm confused!

I have a freecarve 178 from Coiler with a stiffness of 7.2. I was built my for 230 (+/- 10 pounds) frame. When I read a stiffness of 7.7 for an AM board for a 190lbs person, I don't see why my Freecarve has less stiffness.

Maybe the Freecarve needs less stiffness to accomodate the hard surface intended for his use!

Am I totally off track?

Advice needed from the more knowledgeable please!!!

In a nut shell, if I go down to about 200 lbs (dream weight), will the board be too stiff?

Thx.

I'm confused!

I have a freecarve 178 from Coiler with a stiffness of 7.2. I was built my for 230 (+/- 10 pounds) frame. When I read a stiffness of 7.7 for an AM board for a 190lbs person, I don't see why my Freecarve has less stiffness.

Maybe the Freecarve needs less stiffness to accomodate the hard surface intended for his use!

Am I totally off track?

Advice needed from the more knowledgeable please!!!

In a nut shell, if I go down to about 200 lbs (dream weight), will the board be too stiff?

Thx.

A given stiffness index is only meaningul within the context of that model. See this thread: http://www.bomberonline.com/VBulletin/showthread.php?t=8230