Note to New Members ×

Music!

Jeffrey Day

The best is stuff that gets you hotwired ,Slayer ,Motorhead , Corosion of conformity , Propain,Pennywise ,Bad Religion, Eminem,Suicidal,Pantera, Sabath, Iron Maiden ,Preist,etc etc

Phish. forget what you think you know about their dead-head following, the music is virtuostic.

Steely Dan, especially if you have a decent system.

Every now and then I'll go for some 80's pop. Right now I'm in a phase where I can't get enough of the album "Play Deep" by The Outfield.

I dig a lot of stuff, but I break out in hives if I have to listen to country for more than 2.5 seconds.

For riding, it's gotta be Satch.

That's crazy that Giro markets a helmet with tunes since the "safety" factor isn't exactly politically correct. We should do a poll on who rocks the MP3, the CD and the old school tape deck. My stock Sony headphones fit perfect in my Leedom, I just snapped off the speakers, filed the edges and stuffed 'em in. Pat, I got your email about first tracks but didn't find the Plake article. Crash Eddie, did ya get a $5 tanktop at the Social D show? I wonder if you can buy more of that show or maybe a bootleg. It's the D at thier finest, "Ring of Fire" and "Under My Thumb" full blast make me wanna ride as fast and deep as possible. Sorry homey, we don't know any happy songs. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!Chilly here in Beantown! We're setting records today....-17 with wind right now.brrrrrr:cool:

Guest mphdemon

I listen to all kinds of stuff, but recently I've gotten into bands like, Grand Theft Audio, Moth, Wise Guys ..... They're great for either cruising down the slope or for digging some massive trench's. I hear that some of their stuff is on some of the Warren Miller movie's, it's some good stuff. Some of the "Blue Man Group" stuff is really good too, check out "Rod's and Cones". But I can definitly relate to a lot of the stuff the rest of you guys are listening too.

I'm not much of a concert person but it sounds like you guys have had a couple really sweet ones.

PS This was a great idea, I've been looking for some other music to get but I wasn't sure what would work.

IMO - the Giro 9 is a step up from a bicycle helmet. Giro is part of Bell Helmets and are manufactured in China. The Leedom I have (Limit) has been rebuilt (stryo foam replaced by Leedom) twice since 1999 - this was done in Norwood MA. The current repair was done on the day the helmet was received. In both cases I did not know the styro's integrity was in question. Some Mfg's liek Leedom offer an inspection service while others tell you to destroy and discard the helmet after an impact or after 3 or 4 seasons. If a hit is taken with the Giro then I will have to toss it as the styro foam is molded directly onto a thin layer of plastic.

Guest Marilyn Cambers

Love it all, but I've gotta agree with Jack, country for more than 2.5 seconds makes me want to hurl! I really dig anything alternative with great lyrics ... speaking of has anyone heard the song "Snowboarding" by a group called Bif Naked? Here's the lyrics:

This phallic snowboard beckons my sensuality

The silence of the snowfall is playing with my concentration

These blasted goggles hinder the shaking of this god forsaken run

Whipper snappers whipping by

Shredding by

Carving through my heart

They flow as if on water

Gorgeous, delicious airs

My heart stops as the cartwheels commence

I soar

My eyes close

I taste the mountain

This glorious creation of heaven

My body is taut and ripe

I give myself wholly and completely to the earth and snow and ice

It takes me

Harder than my favorite lover

And the mountain eats me alive

Marilyn ;)

Originally posted by Jeffrey Day

Hey eveyone! Stevep in the "Raichle locked or unlocked" thread got me thinking!

What kind of music does everyone listen to!?!?!?

Old school metal here! Dokken, Megadeth, Accept, etc, etc, etc!!!!

Old school here too... only "metal" from eastern Europe and dated sometimes before Megadeth or Accept.

To me snowboarding associates best with tunes from Liquid Tension Experiment. Helluva creative/vivid/pure positive energy albums they are! IMO the best prog-rock albums of 20th century. They revealed to me big and beautiful land of prog rock, but unfortunately (as I haven't found nothing better yet) they were and are peak of this land so far :)

Sound sample of LTE:

http://www.progarchives.com/Progressive_rock_discography_CD.asp?cd_id=813

But I don't listen music during riding: it seems not to be best way to show respect toward nature and it's not safe.

Die Krupps, Rammstein, Nitzer Ebb, Fear Factory...

From the first time I heard Kraftwerk I have been hooked on machine muzic as a club kid at Axis in Boston.

Relaxing to Einsturzende Neubauten.

But the the most balls out hardcore song of all time by the Skatenigs: Chemical Imbalance!!!!!!!!

Marilyn...lyrics we gots...

Warning: The following paragraphs contain references to foul language & offensive subject matter..

"As immaturity may be a result of certain chemical imbalances, so may the friggin' Skatenigs,

flip the trigger on a sucker, squealing studs of pudness..

They sing stuck in a rut in pig pod land..

They share rigs with grave diggers..

Worry about death when it's done come and gone..

You buy their records and they'll p*ss on your mama's best collectibles..

They beat their rancid meat and expect you to pay the check..

They ream the beef of bad, backstage girls redundant in new wave black: up the butt, snuck, stuck, mucked up, sucked..

I'd eat baboon bile before I'd bite on their juvenile, penile pole projections they casually, smashingly refer to as my dick..

Infected, rejected, afflicted, maledictive, boa constrictive: if immaturity is indeed a result of certain chemical imbalances, then these guys are on a permanent Amoco overload..

Crawling through maggot breath, yeehaa, boys with latex toys..

If buttholes were peepshows then the 'Nigs are the window to the soul of this f*ckin' ridiculous world..

Anality's got nothing on these boys except a signed royalty check, a forged signature, the toilet swiped, the mega-acid smile, the glitch in the universal way,

yeah, a real boss abortion to brag about at your next bar-be-que.."

Originally posted by Marilyn Cambers

Love it all, but I've gotta agree with Jack, country for more than 2.5 seconds makes me want to hurl! I really dig anything alternative with great lyrics ... speaking of has anyone heard the song "Snowboarding" by a group called Bif Naked? Here's the lyrics:

This phallic snowboard beckons my sensuality

The silence of the snowfall is playing with my concentration

These blasted goggles hinder the shaking of this god forsaken run

Whipper snappers whipping by

Shredding by

Carving through my heart

They flow as if on water

Gorgeous, delicious airs

My heart stops as the cartwheels commence

I soar

My eyes close

I taste the mountain

This glorious creation of heaven

My body is taut and ripe

I give myself wholly and completely to the earth and snow and ice

It takes me

Harder than my favorite lover

And the mountain eats me alive

Marilyn ;)

Being a Canadian she probably is a snowboarder...I know she did the voiceovers for one of the characters in the snowboard game SSX both in Tricky and #3. BTW that "song" as you call it is actually a spoken word reading she did back in 1997...it was just released though

• 2 years later...
That's crazy that Giro markets a helmet with tunes since the "safety" factor isn't exactly politically correct. We should do a poll on who rocks the MP3, the CD and the old school tape deck. My stock Sony headphones fit perfect in my Leedom, I just snapped off the speakers, filed the edges and stuffed 'em in. Pat, I got your email about first tracks but didn't find the Plake article. Crash Eddie, did ya get a $5 tanktop at the Social D show? I wonder if you can buy more of that show or maybe a bootleg. It's the D at thier finest, "Ring of Fire" and "Under My Thumb" full blast make me wanna ride as fast and deep as possible. Sorry homey, we don't know any happy songs. HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!Chilly here in Beantown! We're setting records today....-17 with wind right now.brrrrrr:cool:

3 years ago and it was cold as a mofo, just like today :biggthump

Old school metal here! Dokken, Megadeth, Accept, etc, etc, etc!!!!

Anybody ever listen to Sacred Reich? I really need to dig up some of their stuff! Independent was a pretty damn good album as I recall.

Ohhh I'm gonna hafta rip some old school Slayer on my IPod!

Maybe that'll help me open er' up, eh Willy?

My main standards are:

Tom Petty - Full Moon Fever

AC/DC - Back in black

Alanis Morissette - jagged little pill

Though I truly adore U2, lifehouse, three doors down, green day, Dwight Yokum, dire straits, and toooooo many to list. As long as it isn't disco(the darkest time in music history) or rap(which isn't music at all) I'll listen to it.

I like to hear people coming up on me. ANd hear the sound my board makes as it slices through the cord.

I was thinking about getting the audio kit for my smith premise though. 60 for the phone/mp3 or 30 for just the mp3. Most of the reason I want it is because of the phone, so I'll probably get that one.

social d, clash, mermen, dick dale,feelies, cramps, morphine, devotchka....

mario

good call super mario-good tunes, all~

Bob Dea gave me a link the other day for some free mp3-

Got live Dick Dale, Iggy and Les Claypool and his FFB last show of the tour with pink floyd and beatles covers

Lemme know if you want to know where to get it.something about up the down staircase-Bob knows music :biggthump

Pebu, tunes are great just to drown out annoying jibber jabber on the chair or gondi

Gotta have tunes and gum when I'm riding, tho :biggthump

crank it up & crank it over~~~

Maybe that'll help me open er' up, eh Willy?

just makes sure it goes to 11 :p