Note to New Members ×

Very Special Helmet Stolen @ MHM Monday 1/22/06

www.oldsnowboards.com

Monday , Mike Jacoby was riding at Mt Hood Meadows and had a number of personal items stolen. The most import of which was a helmet that means allot to him. It was one of a few he had a young man paint for him. Great sentimental value is attached to this helmet. Details

Currently. Anyone having a good photo of the helmet , please send it to me directly via PM or my website www.oldsnowboards.com

Those that visit Ebay or Craig's List , please keep and eye out for this item. Probably best to contact me directly if seen so I can purchase it. It is more important to get it back than to arrest the person that stole it. Details on the link above.

Reward has been added.

Thanks again. Bryan

Galen, thanks for the reply.

I will have more details soon.

I was there, but got hurt on my second run. Second injury this season. Just getting over a torn abdominal. Pretty irratated at the moment. Mike left me a message about this and it made me feel a little bit better to be doing something, since I couldn't be riding today. :angryfire You know, turning my energy toward a good thing. That would be something Mike would tell me. I hope to dig up a photo of the helmet and a detailed list of the items stolen. More to follow. Just wanted to get the word out so all the Ebayers could keep a look out for it. Locals, please watch for the helmet on the slopes of Mt Hood. My description would be: mostly green, monster like creature , some blue.

Good man Bryan!

It's good to see the community working for each other. I never thought D-Sub's stuff would be found, but it did. There is always hope!

Sounds like you're out for a bit again, I'll try to get a hold of you tomorrow to see how you are.

Heal up!

I will definately keep an eye out for it .

Jim

Thanks Jim,

I have updated the web page , we now have a photo of it. (thank you scott!)

It was stolen from under the top of the "Easy Rider" lift. Mike had a slalom course set up there doing some training with a young alpine ripper. Side note, almost half of the "Dusters" from the course were also stolen!!

Good man Bryan!

It's good to see the community working for each other. I never thought D-Sub's stuff would be found, but it did. There is always hope!

Sounds like you're out for a bit again, I'll try to get a hold of you tomorrow to see how you are.

Heal up!

Thanks Ryan, I can't tell you how frustrating this is. Fill you in Tuesday.

Bryan, I'm really sorry to hear about your injury. I can only imagine how frustrating this must be - hope that you recover soon.

As far as Mike Jacoby's helmet, it's nice of you to get the word out to the BOL community. I pity the poor sucker that tries to wear that to the hill...is there a place in the U.S. where he'd be able to get away with it?

• 4 years later...

Very cool, thanks for that link!!

I guess I could rebuild my entire site that way??

PO Box has changed and I would now offer a hundred dollars for the helmet.

Example of Mike's enthusiasm.

So: Mike and Chris and I are just hanging at the bottom of Buttermilk near the lodge. Mike looks up and sees that the "Limbo Contest" is about to begin. He ribs Chris and I about doing the contest. Honestly , I had NO plans of entering. But HEY, if Mike is going to try to squeeze his XL frame under that pole I guess I can give it a try. I think we made it three rounds or so but even if we were stripped naked and squeezed between some sheets of plywood could we have made it under what the winner did!!

Good times!! Mike just having fun!!