Note to New Members ×

Wanted Burton Triumph or similar

mikestrain

I thought you wanted an all-mountain hardboot board to replace your beloved old M6. The Triumph is a softboot freeride board, I suppose you could mount plates on it but it seems to be something other than what you were interested in.

At any rate there's the thread you originally posted that has some suggestions for you.

you are right, I am just going off suggestions of people in the industry - the guy who told me to check out the Triumph was on the chair with me and saw I had hard gear. I dont know who to listen to nowadays, and it seems most of the gear I see on this site I have never heard of let alone know where to find it. I am also apprehensive about buying a board on a recommendation without riding it first. So, I guess I dont know what to do...

thanks

Mike, I note you live in Denver. Why not post a note in the ride board and hook up with some other BOL members? Usually they are happy to let people try out their gear. Maybe someone has a board to try which would be right for you. Another option is to give Donek a call, they are in Silverthorne and I'm sure you could arrange a demo. Sean is very helpful in suggesting models/sizes. See www.donek.com for contact info.

I moved to Sandpoint Idaho a couple months ago! Sorry, I know it would be alot easier to do this search from Denver. Sandpoint is at the base of Schweitzer mountain, pretty small community (alot of people I ride the lifts with have never even seen hard set-ups) So, the cool thing is nobody realized how ancient my M6 is and are more fascinated with the boots and bindings. And if they did think I was out of date, they probably forget it when I end up in the lift line way ahead of them! thanks for the advice, I will keep asking around and see what I find...

Mike