Note to New Members ×

27.5-28 mondo and plates+any equip. advice!

Holmes

Surfer with 20 years of boarding expereince, bored of soft boots, and somehow just realizied all I want to do is lay it down. Riding a 169 Onetrack x track (Boarder cross board I think) and looking to transition to hardboots and then a carve inspired board. I am looking for plates and boots...open to suggestions and of course looking for the "RIGHT" gear. From what I can tell from reading here and other boards I will be ok with my board throug a learning period, then look for more of a carve specifiec board. i think I want to go with non-intec to retain some lower binding angles. I can do the norm toe edge on my soft boots and board just fine, bot have boot out issues heel edge. I just changed the angles to alleviate this the board has a 25.37 cm waist. Obviously i am looking for advice and or equipment, thanks!

i think I want to go with non-intec to retain some lower binding angles.

not sure where you got the notion that intec = higher binding angles? Im certain that isnt the case.

if you prefer toe bails...nothing wrong with that but if you wanted step-in and thought youd have to have higher angles...why?

Ursle First off thanks for the info! Secondly I wasn't clear if you were just telling me what you use or if you were interested in selling some of it. If so prices? I think I am going to get some Raichle123's intec compatable, if so I will be looking for bindings. Drewbdoobe can you tell me more about the Burton raceplates, I am 6'2" 200 are these going to be a solid binding for me and are they intec step in? Apologies for what may seem like dumb questions but I literally know nobody that rides hardboots so I am gleaning what I can from reading this site.

. Drewbdoobe can you tell me more about the Burton raceplates, I am 6'2" 200 are these going to be a solid binding for me and are they intec step in? Apologies for what may seem like dumb questions but I literally know nobody that rides hardboots so I am gleaning what I can from reading this site.

Burton did not make any intec step-ins....But they did make three other different types of step in..physic, and two different types of step in race/carrier. check out http://www.alpinecarving.com/ this will describe the different types....I ride the physics myself and even though I believe the heels will fit on a intec boot...its still better to get a burton physics boot(late model winds/fires) instead. and if you plan on riding hard dont get the burton bindings go with bomber/catek

so the burtons are great for newer hardbooters because you don't have to lean down when you get off the lift which i like. the burton plates aren't as stiff as bomber TD's. but they are still really secure. I am selling them because i got Td's for a price that I couldn't pass up. I would like to get 75$ for the burtons. The way these bindings work is they have solid toe bail and a spring loaded heel bail on a full metal plate. i will try to attach a picture with it. i also have the six degree cant plate like i said before. don't worry about all the questions. i tottally understand. Drew

That board looks great! For finnancial reason I think I am looking for boots and bindings first. Figure i can put those on my Onetrrack 169 boardercross style ride and start my carve journey. I havent found anything yet. What do you have for sale? I am looking for 27.5 mondo boots and bindings step in would be cool TD's great, but Im just looking for an entry to the world of carve.

Here's a pic of the boots. They're NOT intec (step-in) compatible, so bear that in mind. Oxygen Krypton's in 27.5, $50.00 plus shipping. I've also got some TD1's available, but I'll have to check with a friend of mine to see if he still has them. Also some Blax boots in 27.5-28.0 mondo like new for $75.00. I'll try to round up some pic's of the Blax/TD1's and get them to you,

Thanks,

Paul

post-857-141842212358_thumb.jpg

post-857-14184221236_thumb.jpg

The Blax boots are 27.5 mondo and still available. Contact Dr.Sandman here on Bomber or e-mail me off site and I'll forward his address to you. The TD1's are in his possession currently, but if he doesn't pick them up you and I can work something out. Let me know,

Thanks,

Paul