Note to New Members ×

Finding Renn Tiger 173 GS Sweet Spot

Chubz

If anyone has the RT 173 (sabertooth) and has dialed in their sweet spot I would be interested in orderr for me to start somewhere. The boards works well on heelside, but seems to undulate in my toeside turns. It is a matter of finding the sweet spot or just my technique. Toesides were my strongest turn, when I rode an Aggression (Volant) 173 GS, but once I got on the RT, they disappeared.

Any input is welcomed.

Greg

What do you mean by sweet spot? Are you talking about binding placement? My RT has only 3 inserts per binding unlike the usual 4. So basically, you have 4 options for placement - both back, both forward, front forward/rear back, front back/rear forward.

I experimented and decided both forward worked best for me on hardpack.

Greg - you should be just back of center (of the effective edge) to start, if the heelsides are washing then move back a bit. Too far forward has a more dangerous possibility....... :freak3: If you're centered on the inserts, you are probably in the place the factory intended, which is not a bad thing. Where was your stance on the Aggression?

Greg:

I should clarify. My bindings are F2s which allow some back and forth adjustment in the binding placement (about 1 inch) because the screws fit through slots, not holes. So, while I have the bindings on the front two (of three) inserts, I have the screws at the very front of the slots. So, I am not in the absolute forward position, I am maybe 1 inch back from that.

I hope I'm making sense.

Henry