Note to New Members ×

So, I bought a new Axis......

reweston

I have been so eager for the arrival of this board, and unfortunately it

arrived today with the outer packaging all torn up:

47b6df39b3127cce96eef372198600000016108AbNW7lozYuU

It appeared like if there were going to be any damage, it would be scratches on the topsheet.

There were a couple minor scratches :( , but there was also this dinger on the edge:

47b6df39b3127cce96eefd6898ab00000016108AbNW7lozYuU

Doesn't look so bad, but it is obvious that the damage done will only get worse as the topsheet peels away over time.

I have to decide how I would like to use my Fed Ex claim.....for shipping/repair of the board, or to keep it ($150). I'm sure many of you have gone through this before, your thoughts?

Thanks,

Robert

That looks so minor compared to the existing damage on any of my boards. I'm sure it can be repaired with a little dressing and epoxy, and if it was me I'd do that and keep the money you get with the claim. That's a nice topsheet color, BTW.

Yeah, it's pretty minor....you know how it is when you pay full retail, you want perfection. I've never done any repair on a topsheet, just filling scratched bases. If you look at the ding from the other side of the board, you can see the topsheet lifted up from the surface. Any advice on the best way to go about fixing this myself?

Thanks,

Robert

Call me lazy (I won't argue) but the claims process just isn't worth the hassle.

All of my boards have similar damage just from the lift line.

Still totally sucks though, and I'd be pissed. But I'd ride it.

As for repair, I'd put masking tape around the dinged area, mix up some epoxy, smear it on, smear it off, peel off the tape, wait 24 hours, and ride. Not saying this is best way... just the way I'd do it. :) Anyone have a better suggestion? Or know of some good thin epoxy that might get into the cracks a bit?

if you file a claim, you file it for the amount of repairs plus shipping. perhaps sean figured thats what he'd charge you, so that was the amount

me personally...like I said...Id still file a partial damage claim, get some money back, keep the board as is

Ive done claims many many times, only been denied once. Ive done full loss claims, partial damage claims, repair claims...