Note to New Members ×

Td3

scotts.Scheinman

Is there going to be a TD3? i have been poundering it for about 30 seconds and now it really intruiges me.

I'd add a small stepper motor and be able to change the binding angle at will from a remote control. Basically just trim it out as conditions see fit, just like a boat or airplane. Also, I'd add an automatic toe and heel scrapper as I am stepping in. Also, come to think of it a cup holder would be nice, maybe a flip down version so if I do not have a drink with me it folds flat. That's all I can think of for now.

Never mind that. Auto-pilot. That way you can go up, get hammered in the altitude bar, then bomb down executing perfect carves all the way to the cheers and plaudits of all and sundry. Proximity of technique to the extreme carving technique would be a simple relationship with exactly _how_ hammered you get:

Just a few == 'Bomber' Technique

A few more == Eurocarving

One too many == Extreme carving (aka "I can't stand up any more")

Or maybe they could just head on out and do a few runs for you, leaving you to stay in bed and dream of hero snow.

Simon

This one is actually for real.

Is is possible to imbed a locator chip (RECCO) in the bindings so you can find someone after an avalanche?

Yes, but lets take this to the next evolution. Add a Gravity Directional finder and use an ejector seat technology and just blow you straight up out of the avalanche, add a self inflating paraglide and just land where you want with a drink in hand.

Yes, but lets take this to the next evolution. Add a Gravity Directional finder and use an ejector seat technology and just blow you straight up out of the avalanche, add a self inflating paraglide and just land where you want with a drink in hand.

Thats what I'm talkin' 'bout

• 2 years later...
Went to the Basin for some early season carnage rode a big board and scared myself and others several times. Stopped at the shop and drooled over the new binder. Yet another finely crafted piece of beauty from Fin. Get in line and have your credit cards ready. Well done Fin. Keep doing what your doing.

Mark

I saw it too. It's got several small improvements that are going to be great, but I have serious doubts about the Papier-mâché base plate. I don't care what the engineering textbooks say about the young's modulus and tensile strength and all that, it just makes me nervous. I'm going to keep my TD2s, thanks.

But with dual cup holders I might be persuaded to try it. Are you listening, Fin? Dual.

hmmm

well was thinking could go with a car truck cup holder mount it to the front side front binding only one as 2 would be 2 wide. the bail would help stablize it using the threads from the unused holes. mounted bottom side going up I think i might be able to retro fit one to work. 1st version might look a little ugly but i will see what i can do. will need a rubber pad on the bottom to keep the water rings off as well. Don't want to hurt the board do we?

the binding is so meaty and tough version 2 could have a extension so you can grab the drink at knee level.

Fin makes awsome gear!

Thinking i will start at checker and get the one that hooks into the vents.

Should work with that new coors can that tells you when its cold! Guess that might bring on the whole challenge of KIng of the mountain. Who can get to the bottom with the most beer in the cup!