Note to New Members ×

Good hardboots for wide feet?

Helvetico

Just go to a good bootfitter - I have Raichles (which I have been told were very narrow) and pretty wide feet, and the guys @ Starting Gate fixed 'em right up.

According to the Carver's Almanac, Heads are a little wider than Raichles, and UPZ are a little wider than Heads - but there seem to be some conversations going on about the quality of UPZ design.

Guest owaysys

yep. try some raichle's with thermoflex liners. i have EE feet and a had a pair of Burton Fire boots that absolutely killed my feet. got the thermoflexes and they fit like a glove. Also, the Raichle Indy's and Suzuka's have removalble spoilers on the back of the cuff that would probably give your calf more room if you need it.

Go with UPZ. I have short wide feet as well, and I find the toebox on the UPZ boots to fit me much more comfortably than raichle. Haven't tried head though, so I can't give you the comparison.

I've got wide feet too (I also am in Salomon Synapse Wide softboots). I had my Head 26.5 hardboots widened twice and had to get Intuition liners. The shells were widened so much that they wouldn't fit in my Bomber bails and I had to file the shells.

I am skeptical about the Deeluxes being wide. I couldn't even fit into a 27.