Note to New Members ×

Size of UPZ boots

Aracan

I realize this is not the most thrilling question, but still: Can anyone offer experience concerning the size of UPZ RSV? Currently I have an Indy, Mondo size29.5. My feet are rather narrow, I think.

Would the UPZ 29.5 be about the same size, or do they come out larger or smaller than the Raichles? Any advice is appreciated.

I feel that the shell size is actually a little smaller since the stock liner is so thin. When I ordered mine I told Dan my size in a Raichle and I ordered the same size in the UPZ. Which makes sense if you are sticking with the stock liner. But I took out the stock liners and replaced with some Thermoflex liners and my feet are nice and comfey now. I think the Termo liner was able to accomadate for the size. I certainly wouldn't downsize. IMHO.

justs for the record poeple have said that upz boots sucks for some reason.I wanted them but i couldnt get them becasue of the paypal bullsh!t.I just got deeluxe susukas

I don't mean to be confrontational. But I think if you are going to say that something is no good, maybe you should back it up with a fact or personal experience , not "for some reason"

like the liner is too thin and the plastic is thin. somtimes the plastic warps ,the buckles are bad ....there you go

still not personal experience. you already said you didnt buy them "because of the paypal BS"...not sure what that means

to the OP...did you check the boot reviews? there might be some comparisons there.

personally I would suggest going with a moldable liner regardless since you say you have odd shaped feet

Guest stickman

Aracan

Back to your question. I wear a size 12 street shoe and where a UPS in a size 28.0. My feet are somewhat "low volume" so that's something that you want to think about. I'm not in a foot torture situation, but my boots are snug and they work/fit really well. A thermofit bladder will do you some good, too. Just remember, if you buy em big, you'll never get that nice snug fit your after. If you try some smaller size shells, a good bootfitter will be able to make them sing for you. Also, Dan Yoja is pretty easy to deal with and will be able to provide you with some guidance.

What I did when I ordered those boot, I got both of my feet traced and measured it directly along both axis (x and y). Works fine for Dan Yoja. Boot are fine.

I realize this is not the most thrilling question, but still: Can anyone offer experience concerning the size of UPZ RSV? Currently I have an Indy, Mondo size29.5. My feet are rather narrow, I think.

Would the UPZ 29.5 be about the same size, or do they come out larger or smaller than the Raichles? Any advice is appreciated.

like the liner is too thin and the plastic is thin. somtimes the plastic warps ,the buckles are bad ....there you go

Ummm, no. Perhaps with the older models, but I love these boots. They fit my feet better than raichle (I have short, wide feet) and I find they have a more adjustable flex compared to raichle.

Have I snapped a few of the teeth on the buckles? Sure, but Dan is very good at getting spare parts to you within a day, and that's hard to do in the roaring fork valley.

Sorry to hear about your paypal troubles, but don't start sh*t when you don't know what you're talking about.