Note to New Members ×

Palmer PLS (power links) Question

Guest Kae

Hello, everyone!

I recently purchased a set of Palmer PLS Shocks for my snowboard. I have a quick question regarding the installation:

Do I angle the PLS plates in the same direction as my bindings, or do I keep them straight and only adjust the angle for my bindings? I first kept them straight, but it was almost as if my bindings were hanging off of the PLS plates.

Thanks!

I see...

Well, I decided to take a picture of them installed on my freeride board. I'm hoping someone could look at it and tell me if they think they're angled too much. I know I could just go to the slopes and figure it out myself, but I don't want to go through all the hassle if one way is right and the other is wrong.

Thanks again.

Here's the picture:

pls6qy.jpg

I think your set up looks fine. It doesn't look like the angles are extreme or anything. I put the PLS's at pretty much the same angle as my bindings were set on my bx board. They're nothing extreme, front 15, back 0. But they feel fine and I can really feel the difference that they add to my riding. It's a lot of fun to carve with them, really dampens the ride, and more responsive. If you end up not liking something in the setup, just tweak the angles a little on the PLS's. Hope that helped!:biggthump

I would think it would be okay, but it doesn't mention anything in the instructions about installing them at an angle, so I don't know.

If anyone else has an opinion about this, please tell me.

Thanks again.

I always put them on straight. I've got the really stiff ones and I'd think my board would flex in a bad way if I should have them angled. I get some of the hang you mention on one of the corners when using Flow bindings, but it's not noticable when riding.

BTW, aren't these plates some of the most expensive pieces of plastic on the snowboard market? :rolleyes:

Yeah, for what I paid I expected to receive magnesium plates... :)

And Slopetool, I'm really glad you decided to reply to this thread because I wasn't sure how well the Clickers would work with the PLS plates. You're saying my setup looks fine so I'm much happier now. If you have any tips or recommendations about using the PLS plates and the Clicker bindings, please pass them on to me.

Thanks for everyone's help.