Note to New Members ×

Tinkler Plates for sale.

tinks

Tinkler Plates are external damping risers that mount to your board.They control chatter and flex twist.Used by World Cup racers since 1996.They are composit leaf springs with lots of chamber and when mounted on the board and flexed slide on the surface,shearing under tension, controlling vibration by way of friction.

• 1 year later...

http://www.oldsnowboards.com/tinkler_gallery/index.htm

Mine may get delivered Wednesday with any luck. I will take some photos and post a gallery on the site asap.

Mike is one clever Kiwi , an expert "Mad Scientist" when it comes to dampening and flex. Not to mention a great guy that "RIPS".

We rode today at MHM "Burner 197cm Day) Sweet high speed carving. Mike has a seriously rare Burner that is fully decked out with his custom plate and snow stix.

Note the photos of Doug's board (201cm Proto Type #1) show the adjustable asym torsion rods that work in concert with the floating plate for adjustable flex.

You guys that are hot on the "Con Shox" should take a hard look at the "Tinkler" plates. My guess you would probably be better served by getting a custom plate from Mike. Same idea.

Hey Mark. Mike may still have the correct plate for your MLY. If he doesn't he probably has the template to build one. I know we talked about this before? Didn't we? You have the yellow one right?? If you decide to get one and Mike needs to fit it. I have one he can model it on. The board that was signed at SES is the same as your too. It is one reason the board is fairly soft. It is designed to work with the plate. If the board is too stiff you would not be able to make use of the plate.

Sorry to hear you hurt your sholder. Thanks again for the cool leash!!

You can see the "Tinkler" inserts in this photo if you look close.

http://www.oldsnowboards.com/mlygallery/pages/IMG_0029.htm

I don't think Mike is on the computer much. I will be happy to mention the interest when I speak with him again Please don't expect quick responces. The Plates are not inexpensive, I asked about having one built for my Burner 197 and it sounds like it would be months out.

Lime-light, I am sure you ment to say "Ask" ?

Exactly. Well said. He understands that it is not something that will appeal to the masses. It is not the point. It is not about seeing how many or how much he can make. It is about building a fine snowboard that works well. While applying and to some degree experimenting with shapes, materials, physics. Etc. You should see the excitement and "Jazz" Mike gets when talking the physics. Then he goes out and rides the results. Pretty cool , I feel lucky to be close enough to the source. I am sure that this is true of most alpine snowboard builders , especially when they start. We are all lucky to be living in a period of time that fosters so many fine builders. It is a double edged sword. They may not exist if all the big companies still cranked out thousands of boards each year. The current demographic of alpine riders provide a means for these smaller builders to ply their trade and make a living. Ying and Yang of Alpine board world. The result is we have dedicated , super technical , passionate , very high end equipment created by people who really care. It is a very good time to be an Alpine Rider. Sure glad I am here and healthy. Cheers to anyone willing to spending time to develop our snow sliding equipment.

• 4 years later...
Tinkler Plates are external damping risers that mount to your board.They control chatter and flex twist.Used by World Cup racers since 1996.They are composit leaf springs with lots of chamber and when mounted on the board and flexed slide on the surface,shearing under tension, controlling vibration by way of friction.

Fun to look back to 2004, I WISH I could buy Tinkler plates for 250$ !!!!!:freak3:

Now is the time to get your orders in for next season!!!:biggthump

• 2 years later...