Note to New Members ×

Vancouver, Cypress Mountain

BlueB

Hi Van carvers!

Not too many of us in this city, but I know there are few...

I'm at Cypress EVERY Sunday, whole day - teaching ski Kid's Camp. However, I get quite a few hours off. Ask for Boris at Kid's Camp office.

Also there most of Saturday mornings (always worm up on Easy Rider from 9am to 9:30), and I am willing to hook up for any evening.

Boris

• 3 weeks later...

well, that makes at least three of us at Cypress! No, that wasn't me. I'm the guy skidding out on a coiler (when i'm not snowplowing down a choppy part sideways, that is)

I try to get up whenever I can--maybe tonight if I can get out of work in time. got a night-timer pass so I can run up any evening I have time. That's only been once to Cypress so far this season! :(

• 3 years later...

Hi Boris, How is life: better since we have snow coming from the sky. I've got boots from Roy already, in two weeks I am running the Seattle marathon, after that I will be ready for my first ride of the year, be looking for you in Cypress. In contac FM

Hey, I'm glad it worked out with the boots!

Shure, looking forward to ridinig with you. You can also keep your eye on this tread:

http://www.bomberonline.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=27105

We b-log the most of our Cypress antics in there, along with the gear tests, weather and ride reports... Every year I open a new "Diries" tred.

Boris, what are you guys doing while Cypress is closed in Feb? Are you going to ride at Grouse, or spend some time at Whistler?

I'm going to be in Van for the week starting Feb 12, and was wondering where you guys are all going to be at. I bought an Edge card so I've committed to three days at Whistler, and I'd love to ride with some other carvers while I'm there.

Majority of Cypress guys bought Grouse passes this year... :(

Whistler is going to be a mess too, with the limitted access and tight security.

We might go to Grouse few times and also talking about hitting Mt Baker on the weekwnds. It is not much further drive then to Whistler, plus we might be lucky with Baker's famous epic dumps.

Email me, or Scooby, when about to get here and we'll make the plan too hook up with the regullar crew.

Mt Baker sounds like a great idea - I'll remember to bring my passport, and I was thinking about heading there for the last weekend anyway.

Ya, Whistler is going to be a zoo, but I have a friend on the course crew for the alpine racing. I want to go up and party with her anyway - plus I'm just going to catch the shuttles, let someone else worry about driving and parking etc etc. They're all about 'the hill will be 90 % open' and 'minimum disruption' at the moment, so we'll see what happens.

For sure I'll drop you a line closer to the time, be fun to get out and ride some new hills anyway.

Allee,

If you can't sleep in the night:confused: when you are here, you can head up to Grouse. They will be open 24 hours for 17 days during the event. Doug (tenorman) likes to ride between 0300 Hrs - 0800 Hrs. He has done it the last 2 seasons where the Resort opened 24 Hrs, then 48 Hours as a prelude to 2010. The resort is also making arrangement with Public Transit to operate the same hours when they are open. Grouse is normally accessible by translink from Downtown and other areas. Will post more info later for more update. I will be teaching Sat., Boarding/Skiing on Sundays, Day job on weekdays:(, but I can join a group of crazy carvers early in the morning, must be fun and snooze at work:sleep:

ruwi