Note to New Members ×

MountainCreek

Maciek

January 10, 2004.

I gotta admit that something must have gone wrong with management at MC ;)... because they finally decided to make safe amount of snow on trails that were opened.

I understand that half of NYC and New Jersey was there on those few trails opened, but... way to go MC as far as preparation of trails!

It was awsome carving on South Peak (Bear Peak was so-so as they lost most of trails on that one and there was crowd making "special" moguls on the only trail opened).

However, three longest trails on South Peak were prepared well and I would grade them as A.

No rocks, no tricky garbage snow, well groomed and snow looked like it was about 20 inches almost everywhere. It was sticky and cold snow so, speeds did not allow for laying low carves, but you could find some speed at some spots.

I will probably go there tomorrow again to make those 8-12 runs.

I hope to meet other carvers as I did not see anyone today. Come early. They open 9:00 AM. Noon is time to go home rather than stay because it gets crowded then.