Note to New Members ×

Warren Miller's Snow Riders 2 on INHD1

Guest tdinardo

I saved it on DVR (Cox Cable's version of TiVo). If you get a chance, watch Bogner's "Ski to the Max" in HiDef. It has some silly footage with the singer Pink but the alpine footage is incredible.

I bought a Hi Def set (52" JVC) 14 months ago and the cable service has only added one channel in that time. The difference in picture quality is so remarkable that we've gone from over a hundred channels down to nine because we're too spoiled to watch anything not in HD. :lurk::lurk:

jfyaug.jpg

I bought a Hi Def set (52" JVC) 14 months ago and the cable service has only added one channel in that time. The difference in picture quality is so remarkable that we've gone from over a hundred channels down to nine because we're too spoiled to watch anything not in HD.

Same here...we got a two a Sony's 23" and a 50" and we only watch the hi-def stuff....I was watching a old Warren Miller movie the other day on INHD1 had Craig Kelly in it

Guest tdinardo
The difference in picture quality is so remarkable that we've gone from over a hundred channels down to nine because we're too spoiled to watch anything not in HD.

We're very much the same way at my place. I'd rather watch something bad in HD than something good on the non-HD channels. I've got a 52" Pioneer HDTV in the living room and I built a home theater in the basement last year with a 9' - 2.35:1 screen being lit by an older NEC CRT projector. Fun project to do (though the wife thought I was insane until it was finished). Nothing beats watching HD on a 9' screen. :biggthump

Gonna miss that setup when I finally get all my stuff moved and the house sold (Virginia to Seattle). :(

Pat,

Looks like you have a combo VHS/DVD player . . . when we purchased our set we also purchased a new DVD player (Sony HDMI) and it is better match for HDTV - both picture and sound.

Most of the stuff we save on the DVR. I haven't taken the plunge on the HDMI DVD player. I looked at HD DVD burners too but they're out of my price range for the moment.

The DVD/VCR in the photo was a freebie when I bought the TV.

Most of the stuff we save on the DVR. I haven't taken the plunge on the HDMI DVD player. I looked at HD DVD burners too but they're out of my price range for the moment.

The DVD/VCR in the photo was a freebie when I bought the TV.

Just remember with the HDMI DVD players...The DVD's today are still 480p so the DVD player does the up conversion to 1080i or 720p depending on the TV you are using..Once HD DVD's come out then the real worth of HDMI will come out..I am pretty happy with the component out on my DVD player