Note to New Members ×

OT: Johnny Damon is a Yankee

skategoat

Ha-Ha......

Ahh, East Coast sports bias...gotta love it....

Rocket will not be going to Boston.....

1. He can't pitch a full season, 5 player rotation anymore, he has a bad back

2. His son is an Astros catcher, granted probably not in the bigs this year because he's 19....

Drayton McLean gives him full use anytime of his private jet. He schedules the games he pitches, including no away games. He lives about 30 minutes away from Minute Maid field. Clemens is either retired or an Astro next year.

Face it, there is nothing attractive to living in Boston or New York, especially if you are already worth 30-40 million. 5 million here gets you a very nice house in the richest per capita zip code in the US, plus no transit strike

and I thought JD had a soul.Once again, all about the CA$$$H.....Yankee fans Cursing at Damon pic

BY MELISSA GRACE

DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER

This image of Johnny Damon is ticking off Yankee fans.

Still disturbed by the Boston Red Sox's Curse-ending success, Yankee fans now have to put up with seeing a likeness of Beantown sparkplug Johnny Damon on lampposts in Brooklyn.

A stenciled image of the long-haired outfielder with a red B on his cap has been popping up across Carroll Gardens, driving Bomber fans bananas.

"Breaking the Curse is still no excuse for defacing public property," fumed Brooklyn Borough President Marty Markowitz.

The 10-inch-high, spray-painted stencils of the slugger known as "Caveman" have been spotted on at least eight lampposts along Court and Clinton Sts.

The shenanigans have led to a lot of finger-pointing in a neighborhood full of Yankee fans still reeling from the Bombers' defeat by the Sox in the American League Championship Series.

"One guy in there is a Red Sox fanatic," said Court St. pizzeria owner Ralph Buoncore, pointing to a deli across the street.

But Wilson Gil, 26, wasn't copping to the graffiti from behind the deli's counter. "I would like to know!" he said, proclaiming his innocence.

"It's cool," added the sandwich maker, a fan of the Mets and Bosox slugger Manny Ramirez.

Regina McFadden, director of the Gowanus Artist Open Studio Tour, offered a critique of the mystery stenciler's handiwork.

"I think it's some very creative teenagers," said McFadden. "It's definitely not anyone from Gowanus Artists!"

City Department of Transportation spokesman Tom Cocola vowed that Damon's image would be scrubbed away in coming days.

"Hopefully, in the next day or two, there will be no Johnny Damon in Brooklyn," Cocola said.

Originally published on November 17, 2004

post-123-141842210045_thumb.jpg

Let's see, the Sox lose Theo, Maribelli (who will catch Wakefield? hello?), and now Damon. Who, for many people, was the face of the Red Sox. One of the most marketable players on the team. I had my two little girls sobbing yesterday when we finally told them. We had tried to wait until after the holiday but they overheard a bit on the radio. So we had to spill. As my eight year old put it. "The Red Sox gave us a really crappy Christmas present, Mom!" While I agreed, I only said, "Don't say crap sweety!" LOL!

So, to the Boston Red Sox, thanks for the really CRAPPY Christmas present!

Jager and three other citizens of Red Sox Nation

• 3 weeks later...