Note to New Members ×

Does Ski's Hard boot works for Alpine Snowboard and binding??

Guest AlpineYami

Had 2 sets of flexions, worked great w/ burton 5 hole plates but use sb series now w/ intec SI's . ski boots = stiff boot ..use more flexable plates (burton race) otherwise if you use them with catek/bombers you will get beat up...stiff plate/stiff boot=ouch.

Jim

I wish rachlie would make a snowboard design based off the old

rachlie flexion design . The sb series has a too soft foward flex unless you lock them down . The flexion gave a progressive stiffer flex without locking the rear lever (didnt have one)....I learned using them so I am somewhat baised about the design.

Jim

Originally posted by P06781

I wish rachlie would make a snowboard design based off the old

rachlie flexion design . The sb series has a too soft foward flex unless you lock them down . The flexion gave a progressive stiffer flex without locking the rear lever (didnt have one)....I learned using them so I am somewhat baised about the design.

Jim

That's good, but since we work our legs and knees asymmetricly the stiffnes in both boots may not need to be the same.

I locked one of my AF to be stiff enough... but as far as the other ("back" foot) I keep it soft as possible to avoid tucking knees.

I bet that any ski boots do not promote the best movement and technique, but for those who already know how to carve.... They may simply customize them.

Also in snowboard boots, some theory says, latteral flexibility is more important and I guess ski boots do not have that right for asymmetric setup of a snowboarder on single piece of riding hardware.