WTB - SL board

oldkey

Looking for a smaller SL for my 12 year old. He currently is riding an 01 Burton FP 151......and I think that it might be a little long for tighter gates. He moved up from a Sims Carve II 148. He loves his FP....it's a good board for him for longer gate distances. I saw the 98 and 99 FP 146s on ChrisKlug.com. Any better quality boards that you would suggest in a shorter length? He's getting pretty good, so I want to match or step up in quality from his FP. I would also be interested in a pair of 02 or possibly 01 Burton race plates as well.

Does anyone know for sure how small the FP went length wise in 01 and 02. Did a 146 exist I wonder?..... can't find anyone from Burton who knows for sure. "Check the ChrisKlug.com web site."

Thanks in advance.

Matt

My girlfriend rode the Sims freecarve II and has this Oxygen in her quiver. She rode it once and did not like it becuase it turned to quick. With a 8 sidecut, I understand why. It has one day on it if you're interested. Sounds like it might be the right option for your son. Below is a quick caption I copied regarding the board.

Oxygen APX 147 cm

Snowboard for Freecarve and Race, with a board length of 147 cm, of the manufacturer recommended body weight: 40-65 kg, effective edge length: 118 cm, radius: 8, broad in the back: 25.4 cm, width in front: 25.4 cm, weight of the board: 3 kg, Mitttelbreite: 21 cm, Stance: 39-47, prepreg glass fiber, sintered lining ISO speed 7500, Microstone cousin finish, dia. moon Disc Edge finish