Note to New Members ×

Mountain Creek closed

jtslalom

For the first time that I can remember in the month of January, Mountain Creek is closed for lack of snow. New Jerseys biggest mountain is closed today 1/5/04 Monday due to the lack of snow. Cold weather is coming tomorrow. Hopefully a speedy recovery. They will probably blow snow for the next couple of days non-stop until they have almost every thing open. It looks good for a reopening by Wednesday.

Yes. They will blow... mostly all your edges and bases in all boards you try to use in MC. MC is an excellent for blowing this way... just not snow:D

They have always problems: drought, temperature. But when temperature is right and they have enough water (by the way, they do not need to pump it up since reservoirs are on top of the mountain) the problem is decision of management to save on snowmaking. At least it looks like that.

Instead of posting depth of 12-30" of snow on their web site and constantly lyie about snow making, they should have set 0"-20" fixed info.

Maciek,

You are always talking so bad about MC. Why do I see you there time and time again. If you hate this place so much, don't ride there. I am a local who has lived in Vernon most of my 33 years of life. I'm used to the hard icy conditions and the crowds. If you don't like it, Go Somewhere Else!!!