Note to New Members ×

freecarving?

Guest stoked

Guest stoked

Hi,

I'm building a website about (free)carving at http://stoked.at that will be in Austrian and English. Besides good pictures I'm looking for quotes that express the joy of alpine riding in a few sentences.

So how does it feel? What do you feel during a turn? What does freecarving/alpine riding mean to you? How did it enrich your life? What's so good about it? Why are you hooked, stoked, whatever ...

I think it would be interesting and funny to have some quotes like that on the site and I'd be happy about any contributions.

Thanks,

Bernhard

Please post replies here or email to info@stoked.at

Thanks again and I hope the slopes are as good where you are as they are here.

Guest stoked

Oh yeah okay ... :) you could say that this is pretty much exactly what I was hoping for ... thanks! Anybody reading this please contribute and I guess it will be fun for both experienced and new carvers to have a collection of quotes like that on one site.

An ambitious project I plan for the site will be the alpine boards history with data and hopefully a lot of pictures of all past and present alpine boards.

For the english introduction to freecarving I'll just recommend the Bomber Welcome Center but I'll write a few sentences to set up the english quotes.

Anyway I'm motivated to make a site that will keep up with that great poetry ...

Thanks Jack, Vahur,

Bernhard

Guest stoked

haha :) ... something

Somehow I have the impression that a lot of freestylers say things like that too ... without laughing ... what's that called then, a serious hype?

better credit that last quote with anonymous yeah, just an idea but the other quotes could be credited with your email address or even a riding picture if you like.

Bernhard

info@stoked.at

Guest Speedy

Carvin' is like riding a double-edged razor blade....

I dont know why I'm thinkin' of razor blade, a line from "Apocalypse Now"........ "snail slithering on the edge of a razor....." something like that.. but of course, first thing that comes to mind is pain and we prefer to convey pleasure....how sadistic of me.

my deck is a brush

i strive for a line

tracing the finest

curve of a sine

scraping in parks

surely does pale

to gracefully riding

the downhill rail

still others rush out

in search of the fluff

ignoring the joys

of carvin' hard stuff

so don't run me down!

(you straight-lining dart)

i'm chasing a passion

pursuing an art

Guest stoked

Hi,

wow a real poem! And a good one, thanks ...

Austrian is spoken in Austria, the snowy country where Arnold Schwarzenegger grew up. Hey he's your Gouvernor, Santa Barbara right? Hope he's doing his work.

Thanks Vahur for solving this riddle. Santa Barbara looked great to me but I was just driving through at night on my way back from Santa Cruz to LA once when I was there for vacation.

Greetings,

Bernhard

Guest stoked

Hi,

the quotes are online and you can view them via the "Facts" page. Hope my introductory lines are fine british or american english so please report bad grammar and let me know in case you want to be credited with other names or them to be linked to your email address or home page.

Thanks and keep going, riding,

Bernhard

http://stoked.at

info@stoked.at