Note to New Members ×

NYC Carvers

queequeg

hey queequeg,

(that screen name have anything to do with a big white whale?) I live in Tribeca and I go out to Vermont (Stratton, Mt Snow or Okemo) on the Emilio's bus (Emiliosskishop.com) that leaves from New York Pipe Dreams on the UES on Saturdays and there is another carver (he has three Virii, all gotten with amazing deals) that leads the trips out of Queens and we hook up when we get to the mountain. I think there's another couple of guys out of the city but I've never met them... There's someone (Andrew) on the Frappr Map that looks like he's downtown but I don't know'em. Are you on the map?

Kelvin

Call me Ishmael.

This is exactly the sort of information I am looking for. I like Stratton, I used to ride there all the time in my past life on the east coast (I just moved back here) I also like Mt. Snow.

I live in Astoria/LIC on the RGV.

This info (Emiliosskishop.com/bus) is EXACTLY the information that I am looking for.

What map? I am very, very new here.

This is a great forum.

-queequeg

hey queequeg,

(that screen name have anything to do with a big white whale?) I live in Tribeca and I go out to Vermont (Stratton, Mt Snow or Okemo) on the Emilio's bus (Emiliosskishop.com) that leaves from New York Pipe Dreams on the UES on Saturdays and there is another carver (he has three Virii, all gotten with amazing deals) that leads the trips out of Queens and we hook up when we get to the mountain. I think there's another couple of guys out of the city but I've never met them... There's someone (Andrew) on the Frappr Map that looks like he's downtown but I don't know'em. Are you on the map?

Kelvin

I am not familiar with Jersey mountains, or what is near to NYC. What's good near NYC. I think the nearest big mountain is Killington yes?

I am usually up at Vernon (Mountain Creek) on the weekends in the morning starting in Jan...This year not as much got a baby coming in March

Vernon is about 1 hour from NYC...small mountain a little crowded on the weekends but as long as you are there at 9am you can get a good couple of hours in....Two or three good carving runs....Hunter is close as well its in upstate off the throughway maybe 1 1/2 from the city

Queequeg,

So do you call your ride Moby? ;) Emilio's goes to the closer mountains as well (Hunter, Windham, Belleayre) but they're the only one's that go regularly to Vermont (every Saturday). Other company's that go to the the closer mountains are Paragon (I think), and nycski.com. Since you're in LIC (what's the RGV?) Emilio's is really convenient since they're on Queens Blvd very near a subway stop. If you take a trip to Vermont from the Emilio's shop in Queens say hi to Dan (he's the guy with the Virii) and tell him you're a carver.

Look at www.frappr.com/hardbooters for the hardbooter map.

When used to live in NYC, I used to take the Emilio's bus from pipedreams or the Princeton Ski shop one. In all honesty, they're all relatively the same. The emilio's bus seems to have a lot of young kids on it or more uptown people while the princeton one attracts more downtown people most likely becuase location.

Yeah all the buses that go are essentially the same, the only difference is WHERE they actually go. As far as I know Emilio's is the only one that goes to VT. Others that might have trips to Hunter and Windham are Blades Boards and Skate (downtown) and Scandanavian Ski Shop (midtown). I'm not sure if Princeton still has a bus going to Hunter and/or Windham.

I live by trinity church......I just drive to hunter or stratton. I gonna be at Stratton for the week of the 19th!!!!! New Donek!!!

Hey, we're neighbors! My place is across Broadway from City Hall. If I had the time to go for more than a day I'd drive but I like the convenience of just chilling after a day on the hill and watching movies on the bus and having a beer on the way back :cool: . Multi-day trips I like to try to plan on going to Summit. There's some amazing deals there when you plan ahead (fourpasses, season passes if you plan on going for more than a week).

Hey have fun at Stratton that week :biggthump . We'll be there on the 17th.

Hey, we're neighbors! My place is across Broadway from City Hall. If I had the time to go for more than a day I'd drive but I like the convenience of just chilling after a day on the hill and watching movies on the bus and having a beer on the way back :cool: . Multi-day trips I like to try to plan on going to Summit. There's some amazing deals there when you plan ahead (fourpasses, season passes if you plan on going for more than a week).

Hey have fun at Stratton that week :biggthump . We'll be there on the 17th.

Its a small world. Let me know when you guys go on a bus trip, I' ll come by one of these days...sounds better than driving to hunter.

Too bad im moving to Texas in September :smashfrea

Cool. But I don't really go to Hunter on the bus. It's just too damn crowded and full of those rather aggressive and ornery New Yorkers ;) . I always go on the Vermont trips with Emilio's. It is kind of tough waking up a 3:00 am to catch the bus way the hell up on York Avenue but I just sleep on the way up to Vermont and carry a muffin and coffee with me and have breakfast before we get to the hill. I'll drop a note either way though.

Cool. But I don't really go to Hunter on the bus. It's just too damn crowded and full of those rather aggressive and ornery New Yorkers ;) . I always go on the Vermont trips with Emilio's. It is kind of tough waking up a 3:00 am to catch the bus way the hell up on York Avenue but I just sleep on the way up to Vermont and carry a muffin and coffee with me and have breakfast before we get to the hill. I'll drop a note either way though.

let me know, maybe ill give it a try one of these days.

• 4 weeks later...