Note to New Members ×

Sugarloaf this week

Guest Andrew S

Guest Andrew S

Is anyone planning on heading to Sugarloaf at some point this week or next weekend? I've recently moved to the area and it'd be great to meet some fellow hardbooters and have some company riding, rather than riding around alone after ditching all my skier friends. Let me know...

Thanks,

Andrew

Guest Andrew S

Yeah...another member to C4! Haha I didn't even realize there was such a thing. I've just been riding with some friends on the ski team because they seem to be pretty decenttt, or maybe a little more than decent, at carving. I'll most likely be up both days this weekend. It all really depends on how Loudness treats me these coming evenings (I'm assuming some of you guys went to school here). Look forward to meeting you all...

Andrew

Velveeta- I work in Winslow and drive past Bonnie's everyday. Never been there but there are cars there in the morning. I"ll stop there one day.

Mirror- I didn't see any other hardbooters on Sunday. I always feel like the lone rider there, too bad I missed you. I stayed on Sluce for most of the morning...it wasnt' that crowded, mostly had S/CVA kids on it. Do you ride an F2? If so I think I met you last winter. I mostly ride my Donek, and am kicking around there on weekends.

Not fast, but the best breakfast in the area, IMHO - unless you want to go to the A1 Diner in Gardiner.

Andrew: C4 is a pretty informal group; We thought about commisioning a custom board graphic, but none of us have the money ;) I can think of six of us who graduated between '93 and '95, including the oft-mentioned Erik Beckman, who I believe is still teaching at Sugarloaf. Blow the dough on a private lesson with him, and I guarantee it will be money well-spent. I'm sure other BOLers who have attended ECES clinics with him in the past will agree.

Eddie

Mirror- I didn't see any other hardbooters on Sunday. I always feel like the lone rider there, too bad I missed you. I stayed on Sluce for most of the morning...it wasnt' that crowded, mostly had S/CVA kids on it. Do you ride an F2? If so I think I met you last winter. I mostly ride my Donek, and am kicking around there on weekends.

Yeah, I ride an F2. I think Meghan introduced us last winter?

Guest Andrew S

If you were on an F2 on saturday, I think I saw you as well. I was on a Coiler real early but switched out because the snow was just a bit soft haha and there were a ton of S/CVA kids around.

I saw that article this morning so this should make Loudness even more interesting. I was on Winter Street when the police came on Saturday. They only cited one kid aside from arresting the girls who lived there. It kinda sucks now because normally, as long as you are on campus, you don't have to worry about the PD. But it looks like that's changing, for this weekend atleast.

On another note, there are a ton of COC kids who seem interested in the whole hardboots thing now that I've thrown all my **** to store in the office. I'm gonna bring up some old boots and bindings after Xmas to throw on some unmounted boards and hopefully get some kids on them out at Sugarloaf.

Andrew

Kicked around on the website a little and didn't see anything specific about alpine riding. If not, too bad - they produced standouts like Fawcett and Greenwood in the early/mid 90's.

Can Waterville PD really send undercover officers to on-campus parties? Wow. Then again, it shouldn't be too tough to spot one - the guy standing by the keg who isn't drinking and nobody knows. With only 2K kids, you get to know everyone pretty quick.

Guest Andrew S

Yeah...I guess they can do that.

A couple of weeks ago they sent in some undercover cops to an off-campus house, but I can't say it was hard to pick out the Waterville PD from the mostly prep-schooled NE kids that go here.

As far as I know, CVA still has an alpine program. I know some kids at Holderness or who went there that do so, and from what they say, I can't imagine them no longer having one.

Guest Andrew S

And yeah Jasen, I should be around for the ECES. It shouldn't be too hard to make it up everyday if the conditions and people warrant it.

Hopefully, I'll see you up here at some point.

Andrew