Note to New Members ×

need some boot advice

boardman73

hi all looking for some help with a boot update.

been riding plates for 15 plus years and my last pair of flexon comp 9.9s has finally given up (yes i know ski boots) my question is are any snowboard hardboots avilable now (indy head upz) even close to the same feel as my trusty green monsters thanx for the help

mike

i guess my main concern is that anything i get is gonna feel like mush compared to the flexons. i havn't used actual snowboard hardboots since like 92 or before and at the time i was told that they were holding me back( too soft for the then agressive stance i was riding) also im not exactly a small guy (6ft3 250lbs) im also not mr hardcore racer anymore however i still ride quite a bit different than the average joe on the local ski hill

for our weight, I would suggest the the Raichle AF 700/indy or the burton fire

both are plenty stiff and if you get the indy if its not stiff enough you could buy the race tongues, but I must say that I have been going softer and softer with my boots in recent years.

I have 'em. I like them a lot but there are some mods that I highly recommend to them. I think I'm going to put the info on my web site soon for those that are interested. One thing that you should really do is add tee nuts/hex cap screws & washers to the toe pieces so that they are held on better. The other thing is the liners are terriable. I would put in Thermoflex/Intution liners right out of the box. Use the factory liners for slippers! Once you do these mods I think they are the best boots on the market. The buckles are nice for adjustability and comfort and the forward lean adjuster/spring is pretty good since there is spring on both toe and heel side. Another nice addition is a booster strap. I like the standard one for a little more flex.

Others have said that they get real stiff in the cold and there is has been talk that the cuff cant breaks through the plastic. But aparently that problem has been fixed in the newest ones. I haven't noticed either problem and I rode in some pretty cold conditions last winter in them. But I'm ~200lbs so they flex pretty well for me. Also, I have never touched the cuff cant.

I ride them with Intec heels but I don't really like the original heels. If I were using standard bindings I would get the new Bomber eurathane heels or some of the older Burton heels that are much harder. Even some of the older Raichle heels are much better. The newest Raichle heels are way too susceptible to wear.

->Ben

thanx guys i think ive narrowed it down to head or upz . im not super concerned about fitting tds cuz i still have a bunch of burton race plates w/metal discs as far as liners go im used to the torture chambers that came w/my original flexons 10years ago (i bought 3 pairs) so i think anything would be better i figured id avoid indys cuz the straps look cheesy and i read that for a so called race boot the cuff is too low and no power strap. my flexons are tall narrow and painful but back in the day there was no snowboard boot that could compare sorry if im a little dated i guess i need to graduate from the old school

If you want to visit the updated school you may want to checkout the new Dalbello Krypton. I just tried a pair on locally last week. They took the old Flexons & modernized em, much more comfy too!

Flexons were one of the few boots that just did not fit my feet :angryfire , they were the best back when us Dinos roamed the Cord. :biggthump

thanx i heard about the dalbellos i just wonder if its the same deal as when kneisel bought the mold a few years back . i got a pair of those w/ thermoflex liners and they hurt more than my orginals thats why i was thinking either heads or upz instead i guess i just got fatter or at least my feet did!!!