Note to New Members ×

G style

bobdea

but I would miss intec.

the top of the line boots come out to around $700 wich is pricey but not really out of line with high end ski boots

the cool thing is that they have three different stiffness springs, optional tongues and two liner options so overall they seem pretty customizable.

the entire line can be seen here http://www.g-style.jp/

It's good to see another hard boot on the market - even if it's on a market whose language I don't understand. :)

But I have never understood the point of a "power strap." They have never worked well for me. If they're tight they ride up and/or pinch, if they're loose they're pointless. I don't see the point... Can someone enlighten me?

The rachet idea seems like a step forward, but why not use a real buckle like the rest of the boot uses?

It's good to see another hard boot on the market - even if it's on a market whose language I don't understand. :)

But I have never understood the point of a "power strap." They have never worked well for me. If they're tight they ride up and/or pinch, if they're loose they're pointless. I don't see the point... Can someone enlighten me?

The rachet idea seems like a step forward, but why not use a real buckle like the rest of the boot uses?

keep the tongue tight to your shin and on some boots like the burton stuff help keep it from moving off to the side.

on some boots it makes no difference and on some it makes a huge difference.

I've tried 'em on in the shop. I hated 'em.

Partly it was because they simply didn't fit my feet. But they also felt heavy and stiff, and a lot more like ski boots than snowboard boots.

I never saw a single person wearing them in Japan. Everybody wore Deeluxe/Raichle, with a smattering of Blax, Head and Burton.

These are made by Narasports which is a ski and ski boot company in Japan.

They are specifically designed for the Japanese people's feet which have a higher instep and wider width.

Had a few friends who used them in Japan. They complained of the weight.

They do have a step-in system with fixed heel pins. See attached link.

http://www.g-style.jp/GS-STEP%20IN.htm

Prices are insane though. about $900 for boots and $300+ for bindings (depending on options). Ouch!