Note to New Members ×

bruises.. help!

groovastic

For the last two seasons I get realy bad bruises on my long bones (is that the word for the front side of the calves?) after just a few days of riding.

So I would be very thankful if you could help me prevent this. It might be that my boots are too hard (these ones are much stiffer than the old ones, especialy when it's very cold) but I had some smaller bruises even with the softer boots.

Could adjusting the stance help?

Or should I just quit leaning fwd that much :rolleyes: ?

Thanks for your help!

UPZ boots have a very stiff tongue, I can see them causing problems for some folks but nothing a good boot fitter would not be able to take care of.

VERY stiff, TOO stiff, at least for me. They caused lot's of problems... I think the new UPZ models have a way softer tongue now... They have a cut in the upper part of the tongue... and a new liner as well... Can someone confirm?

Or is that only for the Virus edition models?

I have the same problem every season but only for the first maybe week that I ride. The first day is the worst it seems. I think that's because instead of working through the boot, so to speak, I'm working on the boot. Instead of sending the power through my ankle and foot to my toe side, I'm cranking on the tongue of the boot to make things happen. After the first run or two, I tend to relax and let it happen. Then it starts to feel better. My advice would be either a really good boot fitter or trying to alter your stance a bit. By altering your stance I mean, stand on your toe side edge. Then figure out how much pressure you actually need to keep yourself there. Obviously there will be more pressure when you actually lay down a carve at speed but it will give you an idea. I love the fit of my boots and how much I could feel through them so a bootfitter might have altered that. Because of that worry, I've never had them fitted. And the little trick above has worked for me for the eight years I've had my boots.

Yes, everyone, eight years! Told you I loved the fit of these boots! LOL!

VERY stiff, TOO stiff, at least for me. They caused lot's of problems... I think the new UPZ models have a way softer tongue now... They have a cut in the upper part of the tongue... and a new liner as well... Can someone confirm?

Or is that only for the Virus edition models?

those boots when they are cold is a bitch, I would love some soft tongues for them.