Note to New Members ×

Intec cable pressure

dbrsb

I recently bought Raichle's with Intec heels. I am having profound pressure from the cable on my right foot and only my right foot. Any suggestions on how to relieve the pressure? I thought about cutting a groove in the liner. I should add that the Raichle's are old 125's that had never been used and I picked them up inexpensively.

Thanks

Originally posted by dbrsb

I recently bought Raichle's with Intec heels. I am having profound pressure from the cable on my right foot and only my right foot. Any suggestions on how to relieve the pressure? I thought about cutting a groove in the liner. I should add that the Raichle's are old 125's that had never been used and I picked them up inexpensively.

Thanks

Get thermoflex liner and have it molded by professional service for you. This will shape to the cable and your lower leg properly. In addition, thermoflex liners have different density of material and seem to be thicker. They give better padding than standard liners.

You will not regret using thermoflexes. I thought they were overkill for me once. But when I got them (now I have two pairs for differnt boots) all those sore spots are gone.

Hi

I had the same problem with my step ins and a pair of Raichle 325’s which had the standard felt liner. The pain was also only on the rear foot-boot, I ride regular. The cable packed the liner to the point that it was paper thin, so I had no material to remove in order to make a channel for the cable. I resorted to the handy man’s helper, duct tape. I placed two thin strips of a felt material, the same thickness as the cable, on either side of the cable; only at the pressure point. Couple strips of duct tape to hold the material in place, no more heel pain. Low tech, but easy and effective.

Rob