Note to New Members ×

Crystal Mountain on Jan 9th and 10th - Wash State

C5 Golfer

Last month on Bomber, Sean posted a carving get together for the Jan 9th and 10th 2004 at Crystal Mt. Now that time is getting close please reply by email to me or on this Bomber post if you are planning on attending and note which days 9th, 10th or both so we can know how many to look for. Radio Ch 9/13

And if you desire to demo some gear that Sean has please note what kind or range of gear you want also on your reply. This is important so Sean knows what if anything to bring up to the mountain. Doneks and TD2s are among his many wonderful toys.

For those of you who have not met Sean he is a super guy and certified coach. Don't we all wish we could ride like he. Art, Sean and I rode Crystal on the 29th and the snow was perfect- squeaky dry stuff and the first 2 hours the groomed stuff was as smooth as a baby's butt. I think I saw a skier in one of Sean's trenches.

Hopefully we get some Idaho and Oregon riders to come these days.

I will be there only on the 10th due to my now un-retired status.

CYA there Al :)

I'm probably going to be there the 10th but will be there the 9th instead if I can get out of work. My girlfriend is already tired of not seeing me on Saturdays. :rolleyes:

I'll be happy trying any sort of demo gear, but I'm particularly curious about a Donek FC 179, or GS of any length.

I guess I have to give the FC179 back if Nate wants to try it. I will set an example for my son and share. But like my son, I will cry when I have to share. That is one super board. My legs are fried after 3 days on that thing. Ill be there for the 9th for sure, 10th is a weak maybe at this time.

We have the following people coming this 9th and 10th to Crystal mountain.

Sean- 9th and 10th

Al - 10th

Brandon- 10th

Jim - 9th and 10th

Art - 9th - a maybe on the 10th -( Hope you can Art)

Jason W- 10th

Hope others see this and can add to this post that they are coming - see ya''ll there. Those I show above please correct if I have it wrong.

How about it Jason Watkins or Mike T .. show us a little Portland style carves?:)

Sean.. most want to demo any Doneks you may have and TD2s.

Originally posted by P06781

So where do we meet, what radio channel do you guys use? And does anyone want to predict what kind of snow we will have ? Should we bring carving or powder rigs or both? What time does the first lift open 8 or 9am?

http://www.srh.noaa.gov/data/forecasts/WAZ018.php?warnzone=WAZ018&warncounty=WAC033

Jim

Jim:

Channel 9/13 and we can meet at the base of mountain near the 6 person chair lift. I think it opens at 8 AM on weekends and 9 on week days but here is the Crystal site http://www.skicrystal.com for all info you need. We are due as you guys are for a new crap load of snow this week so if you have room and you prefer powder over nice groomed carving bring both. I will be in all black- Helmet, coat, pants with AF 600s.--Sat only

As you will see on the site the snow is wonderful at 18 deg or so and we found only one place with rocks last week. The groomed runs have great coverage- people are going to be our biggest problem.

Friday should not be too bad for the crowds. I wont even venture a guess for Sat. I was wondering if we should set up a tent for demos? Maybe with a small table? I have a small easy up and camp table, the only problem is Having somebody man the thing. Im willing to take turns (at the tent that is). I dont know how many demos Sean will have but a base of operation might help for switches. As I look out the window right now, we have about 7 inches in the last 5 hours at sea level and we should continue to get lots of snow in the hills. I'll ride the pow on an alpine board and beat myself up doing it :D. Hey, a snowmobile just went down the street! Only in Auburn. I can hear the Banjos now.

Hi all,

I am 90% certain that I'll be there on Friday. I don't have a radio, so I'd like to set a meeting time: when/where should I look for you guys?

I'm fine for demos - figure there's still plenty of unused potential in the boards I have already :-)

Cheers,

Dan

How about we meet at the upper level of the main lodge, just inside from where Chinook Express is. 8:30-8:45ish ought to be a good time to get things rolling and we will be on 9/13. Don't think a tent is necessary as we will be a pretty well self contained group and ought to be able to do gear swaps pretty easily. See you Friday-Sean

Originally posted by Sean

How about we meet at the upper level of the main lodge, just inside from where Chinook Express is. 8:30-8:45ish ought to be a good time to get things rolling and we will be on 9/13. Don't think a tent is necessary as we will be a pretty well self contained group and ought to be able to do gear swaps pretty easily. See you Friday-Sean

Sean.. Lets plan the same time and ect for Sat

Guest SnowVicar

Hey Al (and all)--

What a thrill to see and meet you guys today. Such a deal to actually take a ride with other carvers, and leave the skiers behind. Sorry I missed you guys in the afternoon--I ending up riding Green Valley with my son's CMAC class.

Anyway, I'll be carving (trying) Crystal every Saturday--so let's look for each other. Your tracks aren't hard to find on that Vokl--can't wait to see what the Coiler is like.

Bill Harper

Originally posted by SnowVicar

Hey Al (and all)--

What a thrill to see and meet you guys today. Such a deal to actually take a ride with other carvers, and leave the skiers behind. Sorry I missed you guys in the afternoon--I ending up riding Green Valley with my son's CMAC class.

Anyway, I'll be carving (trying) Crystal every Saturday--so let's look for each other. Your tracks aren't hard to find on that Vokl--can't wait to see what the Coiler is like.

Bill Harper

And it was good to meet you too Bill... I don't think I can take credit for the tracks you mention .. the good ones were laid by Sean I am sure. We missed not having Portland guys there maybe next time. Art.. wished we could have met up Saturday , it would have been good to ride with you again. We'll have to start a new thread on a Washington state carver meet, this one is well used. And my son made his Rookie debut as a carver yesterday and did extremely well on his new AF 600s and a Sims 162. Add one more to the Wash State carving list.

AL