Note to New Members ×

Riding hard for more than 15 years!

Guest alxdim

Hi everyone,

I've been riding hard for more than 15 years close to 20 if not! Don't remember exactly, getting old you know! Want to try soft that carves does it exist?

've been told that the nidecker megalight do the trick?

Would like to ride it with the Salomon's malamute (flex 10) the hardest (old habits never die) soft boot on the market suposedly.

Any comments?

Alx

P.S: for connaisseur smoking quebec gold as I write! I know you envie me for that one!

It doesn't exist. Don't waste your money.

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Of course they exist. The megalight carves very well. Many FR boards do. I am a firm believer that the rider dictates the action of the board.

Softboots may actually help your technique as well. I love going back and forth from time to time. I really find that it helps my riding a lot.

I was stopped at the bottom of the hill one time on my hardboots and a guy approached me and started talking to me about how he rode plates for years. My friend (fellow hardbooter) was coming down the hill laying out sick carves. The guy looks up and says "hey look, another hardbooter - man is he killing it!". Well, Dan was doing his one day a year on softboots. The guy could not believe that he was riding like that on softies. Of course you can!

One of the biggest problems is that a lot of hardbooters tend to ride from the knees up instead of from the ankles up. This does not work on softboots - and is not the most efficient way to ride hardboots either. So when you get a hardbooter that rides from the knees up on softies, they hate it. If you already are used to using your ankles, you should do fine.

Softboots may actually help your technique as well. I love going back and forth from time to time. I really find that it helps my riding a lot.

I find the same thing to be true.

One of the biggest problems is that a lot of hardbooters tend to ride from the knees up instead of from the ankles up. This does not work on softboots - and is not the most efficient way to ride hardboots either. So when you get a hardbooter that rides from the knees up on softies, they hate it. If you already are used to using your ankles, you should do fine.

Gotta agree with this too. Getting my ankles into the picture (Thanks to Sean @ snowPerformance - that camp was some of the best money and time I've spent in a long time) has made me into a whole new rider. Certainly not on the level of all you coaches or anything ;) but a lot better than I was!

I got Malamutes on some Freerides and they are really good. It's a really different feel, but the same in some ways.. just need a much different stance. 54/51 doesn't feel great, it forces you to use your hips and the softboots don't like that. Things feel great for me at 36/15 (much larger separation), used to ride 45/30ish but I try to go as low as possible until slight overhang.

I find the same thing to be true.

Gotta agree with this too. Getting my ankles into the picture (Thanks to Sean @ snowPerformance - that camp was some of the best money and time I've spent in a long time) has made me into a whole new rider. Certainly not on the level of all you coaches or anything ;) but a lot better than I was!

I just took a private lesson with Sean. Learned more in an afternoon then I did all last season fiddling with different boards, boots, bindings, setup, etc..Highly recomend for anyone in the PNW! :biggthump