Note to New Members ×

Take a look at these beauties and guess....

Linus

Left: All-Mountain

Right: Race Carve?

What did you get inside? Titanal?

You bought both at the same time? You got some riding to do.

Oh....ma....gah.....

You got the first one right. It's AM but it's 179 version.

And the second one is PureRace 185. But you were right about the Titanal though :biggthump It was built for JaseyJayAnderson lastweek but he wanted to try some weird sidecut and more taper so I took this from him :D :D After reading the "How fast can you go?"thread, I couldn't pass this thing.

True.....I really need to go out and ride this winter :D :D :D

Probably second job also... :o :o

...nice boards. Makes me want to get in line for one of those also...

Let us know how they ride,

Hagen.

Hello Hagen,

I'll let you know how they ride if I'm still alive after riding that 185. :D :D

What's the sidecut on that 185? looks very very fast...need to know how it rides

Sidecut on that 185 is 15m :biggthump:biggthump

just curious, how much of a premium did he charge for the titanal? And did he figure out the durability issues?

I don't think I can talk about the price since Bruce doesn't offer Titanal option but the board has every options(Superboard, Micrograin base, etc.) that Bruce offers so it's not a cheap board.

I asked durability issues to Bruce and he basically told me that it will last as long as other boards and there is nothing to worry about. He also mentioned using different types of rubbers to accommodate Titalnal sheet and they costs much as Titanal sheets.

I will post a feedback about these boards if I survive from riding that 185 :o :o

I will post a feedback about these boards if I survive from riding that 185 :o :o

I bet you find the 185 *easy* to ride! My 188 / 15.7 sidecut is about as user friendly as a board gets and I'm by no means a fantastic rider. This is why there will always be at least one Coiler in my quiver - I get the thrill of riding a board that would normally take *me* for a ride rather than the other way around, but with comfort and confidence. When I ordered my first Coiler, Bruce told me that he believes a race board should be easy enough to ride so that it's second nature, or something to that effect - even though I don't race my "Pure Race" I appreciate it's ease-of-use nonetheless.

Good luck with these Linus. I rode one of Bruce's early titanal boards last winter and the improved dampening was very obvious. I wasn't sure that I wanted that in my recreational board though. I've always liked boards with a bit of snap - enough to get you a bit airborne during the turn transition.

I was actually going to guess it was the 177, 23 cm w, 12.7 scr from the Customs section - so obviously I was off by 2 cm in length - what is the scr on yours?

(My AM custom: 182, 19.5 w, 12.7 scr)

It's 11.5m scr.....Bruce told me that a lot people wanted 12.7m scr for some reason but I know I wanted smaller scr so I went with 11.5m.

Good luck with these Linus. I rode one of Bruce's early titanal boards last winter and the improved dampening was very obvious. I wasn't sure that I wanted that in my recreational board though. I've always liked boards with a bit of snap - enough to get you a bit airborne during the turn transition.

I probably won't ride this board regularly as my other boards because it's kind of overkill for any Ontario resorts. I just wanted to try a superfast race board. Let's see how I like it.

It's 11.5m scr.....Bruce told me that a lot people wanted 12.7m scr for some reason but I know I wanted smaller scr so I went with 11.5m

So it's essentially a widened 177 - an extra cm all the way around - cool!

Mine was designed with a purpose - carving in slush-over-groomed and fresh-over-groomed which are incredibly common out here in Oregon. I came up with the sidecut and waist width on my own and really Bruce took it from there - came out better than I had imagined!