Note to New Members ×

Any Michiganders?

ike

I learned to ski at Mt. Brighton. ( see opening of Aspen Extreme ) Had a pass at Alpine Valley when I was in college at Univ o Toledo. For those of you that don't know, Mt Brighton is 300 vert of trash.... no really!! It's a couple of lifts built on a landfill!!

Ahhh the memories....

I learned to ski at Mt. Brighton. ( see opening of Aspen Extreme ) Had a pass at Alpine Valley when I was in college at Univ o Toledo. For those of you that don't know, Mt Brighton is 300 vert of trash.... no really!! It's a couple of lifts built on a landfill!!

Ahhh the memories....

Mt.Brighton was never a land fill, that's just a rumor started because of the opening lines of Aspen Extreme. I'd love to see some proof of your claim, because all of the research I've ever done tells me that it was not a land fill.

I didn't get that from AE. That rumor's been around for as long as I can remember. It's a very old rumor if it's not true..... I will research my "claim".

I do think now after visiting their site that it's the only promo pic that I've seen for a resort that promotes alpine w/o promoting freestyle as well.

http://www.skimichigan.com/mtbrighton/

can I get a whoop whoop for Mt Brighton?!

Mt.Brighton was never a land fill, that's just a rumor started because of the opening lines of Aspen Extreme.

Our local hill was originally supposed to be constructed that way, but they found that it wasn't stable enough and just built it out of dirt.

Dave, not sure if Dad knows Talaskas, he hasn't lived there for close to 50 years. My uncle Tom is still there, he was principal of the high school for a few years so he's a pretty well-known guy. Another uncle, Mike, is in Trenary.