Note to New Members ×

Need help choosing equipment

ike

Ike,

a rossi race vas 159cm with snow prow race bindings I'd sell to you for $125.

okay, so if i got that, how much would boots run me

[EDIt]

i just realized a super important question that i overlooked...

what size board should i get?:eek:

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Thomas_S

I have a 149 Oxy Proton currently for sale.

http://www.bomberonline.com/VBulletin/showthread.php?p=64807#post64807

Anyhow, I'm 15 and was your size last year when I started and that board was really nice to get into the sport on.

Needless to say I grew to be 5'9"ish, but I still only weigh 120 lb :D Bindings: Nab a used pair of Burton Race Plates. Sorry to say but I just sold mine :(

The sport needs more young people like us. I hope you enjoy it!

Guest Thomas_S

Second time out I decided to go to Blue Knob. Guess who I met on my first run? TWO hardbooters. Needless to say we went together for a few runs.

It was SO weird to meet them - we all got to the bottom of the hill at the exact same time, too.

Riding with other hardbooters can do wonders to help you out. Try and find a local on the forums. I think someone set up one of thos Google/froogle/whatever maps on here a while ago.

Out of curiousity what made you want to start hardbooting? Maybe I can switch my best friend. :D

Out of curiousity what made you want to start hardbooting? Maybe I can switch my best friend. :D

haha...

I've only been snowboarding like 6 times before, and my board right now is a pos-second-generation0-handy-down, and i saw a ski patrol guy last year doing it, and it looks like so much fun.

I really dont like doing jumps and stuff because i feel it's kinda cheating. I'm a very good skate boarder, and so i've had my share of airs (540 benihana:D, and 180 mute over my dad's VW)

Also i surf, am a sponsored skimboarder, kite board and such, so like all board sports come natural to me.

in addition to seeing the ski patroller, I snowboard for the speed, and on my pos board, im still the fastest person there (besides the hardbooter) and i want more...

does anybody have AIM, contact me my sn is MR4FOOT10

Guest Thomas_S
with many thanks to Pat Donnelly I was able to pick up some needed hardbooting skills. I really like the sport now, and i hope to get a nice board soon.

so tired though, 11 hours of snowboarding...

going to bed:sleep:

I told you so! I told you someone on here would be kind enough to really help you out. Welcome to the sport my friend - its an awesome one!

Wish I was going to sleep :( Xbox 360 auction ends in less than an hour and I'm gonna win (the first decently priced one on eBay yet)!

I don't know about this one, other than it is a 1995 model (quite old) with a "laminated microcell urethane core" (read foam core). If you want more info on the board, go to my webpage. I heard several negative comments about foam cores about them not being durable, but I never had any personal experience with them. Some people here might be able to help you out on this one.

Scorpio just emailed me the pics of his rossi race vas 159cm with snow prow race bindings, and it looks like a killer deal. Two problems though:

(1) with my height (barely 5 feet) how wouldnt a 159cm be huge!!

(2) Is this one of the foam core deals, if it is, then could somebody explain to me about the cons for them. (DERF's Website isnt working for me...)

-Isaac

Ike,

Glad you like the pics. If you want to do any research on the rossi boards, do a search on the site and you'll find a bunch of posts. People ask about rossi boards every now and then. Here's one post from last year which I started. According to Nils in the thread, it seems like this board is a 94-95 vintage with the wood core but there is still debate on this.

http://www.bomberonline.com/VBulletin/showthread.php?t=2598&highlight=rossi

Although others may have other opinions, I think a 159 would be good for a growing kid like yourself. My girlfriend who is about 5'1 weighing about 100lbs rides a 149cm carving board but is certainly capable of riding something longer. That being said, she's a pretty good snowboarder and an aggressive rider.

Past threads will describe the foam core/wood core thing better than me.

Email me and let me know what you think.

Guest tdinardo

You should be able to find something used without a lot of grief. The amount of stuff that's been floating across ebay over the last few weeks has been huge (IMO). Keep your eyes open and you'll find something.

You'll need to make the call on whether your foot is still growing.

If it's growing, you might consider these: http://cgi.ebay.com/Burton-Wind-Alpine-Race-Boot-size-25-0-or-26-0-NEW_W0QQitemZ7200058469QQcategoryZ21249QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

There's also a pair of shells out there that might work for you if you want to buy some liners: http://cgi.ebay.com/Raichle-724-Carving-Race-Hard-Snowboard-Boots-sz22-24-5_W0QQitemZ7200309702QQcategoryZ36294QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Hey Ike,

I just had a chance to ride my friend's Rossi 159 yesterday. What can I say - nice! A bit too short for me but almost stiff enough. I'm 165 lb at the moment... So yes, it might be a bit too much for you this year and perfect next year? But then again, you could buy it, as it is a good deal, try it and if too stiff use the plates on your current board and shift to Rossi next year. Just an idea.

Boris

my only problem with that board is the possibility that it's a foam coar:barf:.

other than that i like it

and...for someone so light...why would a foam core matter? odds are youre gonna want a different board next season, and for $125 itll hardly make a dent in your wallet!