Note to New Members ×

First ride of the season

Mike T

Well, I probably had no business being on the snwo today, with a bad head and chest cold, but I perservered and did not anyway!! Woohoo!!!!!!!!

Random notes:

-Bachelor had surprisingly good coverage, especially when you consider it's been warm and sunny for a week

-I upgraded from Raichle 225's to Deeluxe Suzukas, mostly for the different toe box shape (I A/b'ed it - it might only be the way the toe zip-tie lays, but it definitely felt different. When I tried them on inside I thought MAN these are STIFF and was worried that I'd need to modify. But they felt great! I dig the way the AF series flexes as compared to the SB series, and the way it behaves when you pressure the side of the cuff

-MAN I am OUT OF SHAPE!

-Riding with plugged-up ears is certainly an interesting experience. I had to rely on vision for balance. Made me muvch more consciously aware of body position! Not that I don't want my head cold to go away NOW.

"MAN I am OUT OF SHAPE" +1

It was my first day at MHMs also. Good coverage compared to all of last year (not to hard). But after only 2 hrs on shooting star, I whipped my quads into burning jelly. It was nice to feel the "carve" again and was lapping SS top to bottom without stopping including carving the headwall under the lift. I rode my rock stuff just in case (mistral 174 with 323/race tongues). I have a set of 2002 af700's ready to go but decided not to change too many things on day one. I definitely will be trying them soon after your good reviews.

Jim

"MAN I am OUT OF SHAPE" +1

It was my first day at MHMs also. Good coverage compared to all of last year (not to hard). But after only 2 hrs on shooting star, I whipped my quads into burning jelly. It was nice to feel the "carve" again and was lapping SS top to bottom without stopping including carving the headwall under the lift. I rode my rock stuff just in case (mistral 174 with 323/race tongues). I have a set of 2002 af700's ready to go but decided not to change too many things on day one. I definitely will be trying them soon after your good reviews.

Jim

My glutes are really sore this AM - first time it's been more glutes than quads. If I weren't so under the weather I'd be out there again today - I didn't do myself any favors in terms of getting better by riding for 4 hous yesterday.

Did a few runs today.. condition were awfull 100% aftificial snow here in Quebec but it still felt very good. 2 runs open a lot of people in the last one we did got a window without anyone on the hill and was able to do a few carves in a row.. man it felt good! Can't wait to get optimal conditions. In the mean time this was very good !

Ernie

Hey Derf, I went to Sauveur, with my burner 162. It was pretty crowded, the steep parts were very bumpy and the run very narrow but the flatter part were nice and a bit icy but I didn't mind. It was just over crowded so it was next to impossible to do more than one carve without behing scared to behing hit. A few rocks here and there but nothing hit the board. Hopefully the conditions will get better really soon if not I will have to go to my not so great boards. More rain tomorrow :(

Ernie